Sportsball Pan...amount Of Servings?

Decorating By harrison Updated 12 Jun 2008 , 12:53pm by andromedaslove

harrison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harrison Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 1:04am
post #1 of 8

I must be overlooking it some how in the instructions. I can't find the number of servings for the sportsball pan. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

7 replies
harrison Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harrison Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 1:46am
post #2 of 8

bump

Pantrysweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pantrysweets Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 1:57am
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison

bump

I usually go based on the # of batter used and look up the Wilton chart - hope this helps.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:10am
post #4 of 8

I used half of one for a hat for MD, and we got at least 8 nice size pieces from it. HTH a little.

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:17am
post #5 of 8

I don't know what Wilton says but I go with 10 servings total.

KimAZ

OCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OCakes Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:33am
post #6 of 8

I normally say 10-12, depending on if children are served. I cut it in half from top to bottom, and lay each half flat. Then, each of those halves can be cut into 5-6 pieces, with the middle pieces being more thin since they are taller. It's safe to say 10, but I do tell people they can squeeze 12 out of it if small children are involved. I've done this at least a dozen times, and once for my immediate family when we needed 8 servings. We did have enough left-over for 2-3 slices. Hopefully this helps!

becca0926 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becca0926 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:35am
post #7 of 8

Most of Wilton's Pans like that say 12 servings. It depends on how you cut it.. I myself would say maybe 8-10. I have done a few of those. I believe I have a soccer ball one in my pics. But the boy I did it for didn't cut it.

andromedaslove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andromedaslove Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 12:53pm
post #8 of 8

I used the cake pan for the corsette cake I just made, and Wilton says 12 servings. I would go go with 12 servings also. It was for an adult party and it actually would have served more than 12 with the slices we ate.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%