You Want What?

Decorating By summernoelle Updated 15 Jun 2008 , 10:47pm by Jenn123

MayWest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MayWest Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 3:04am
post #31 of 41

You should have referred her to the local bakery and see what their response would have been!!

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 3:59am
post #32 of 41

That is so funny! I told my husband your story and he says "sheesh" and just shook his head and walked away.

Yeah, you probably won't hear from her again. If not *thank your lucky stars!!* she sounded like trouble anyway. Sheesh = From me.

Lacicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lacicakes Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:22am
post #33 of 41

Is this woman even suppose to be out on the streets. icon_surprised.gif I'm thinkin she must of escaped from somewhere!!! icon_lol.gif

OCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OCakes Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:29am
post #34 of 41

That might be on the top of my "strange requests" list (& I've made cakes for the band "Metallica"!)... so, have you given her the option to pay for this "example cake". Maybe then she can have an example of how to box it & take it home, and how the money comes out of her account... You would have to charge extra for the example cake too, given the shorter timeframe to do it in. =) Sorry, but I'm telling my friends about this weirdo!

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:39am
post #35 of 41

She just wanted to see it right. Maybe she is so used to seing some demo cakes or caked in the fridged and freezers of some grocery store that she tough you could do that to.....

NOT

I sure hope her friend she was going to talk to will help set her straight.
Maybe she will tell her that she is over the top and that she wont call you back. If she does, I'd say sorry I am now busy that week-end.

I love the idea of making the cake and freezing it for her for July.... that is so funny!

Good Luck.

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:40am
post #36 of 41

I'd have said "sure, and the preview cake will cost $*** the same as the real think in July. Yah, sometimes it seems like so many people, so few brains.

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 4:50am
post #37 of 41

BWAAAAAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I SOOOOOOO hate people!!! I just had a total PITA call and ask about a motorcycle cake. (Her sister is a PITA too, so I had a bit of a clue). I just said $100. Off the top of my head. You should have done the same. "yup, I could have that for later next week. and it will be $200" Seriously. Even if the real cake is $50. I hate people!!!!

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 2:02pm
post #38 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyle

BWAAAAAHAHAHHHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I SOOOOOOO hate people!!! I just had a total PITA call and ask about a motorcycle cake. (Her sister is a PITA too, so I had a bit of a clue). I just said $100. Off the top of my head. You should have done the same. "yup, I could have that for later next week. and it will be $200" Seriously. Even if the real cake is $50. I hate people!!!!

Yes, I remeber we recently had the people hating in common. Yesterday was particularly bad when the other stupid lady made me wait for 30 minutes in a Starbucks while a group of stupid teenages hijacked my table. Seriously, I was sitting there, and this pimple faced idiot came up, sat at my table, and his friends pulled up chairs and sat down too. icon_eek.gif I had to get up and leave, to have an empty table for my tasting, which all those kids thought was hilarious. icon_mad.gif

So, when I got this request, I was just like WHATEVER! I NEED A SECRETARY! icon_lol.gif I really really want someone to answer phones for me, answer questions, and help me get through the first round of weird customers! icon_lol.gif

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 2:31pm
post #39 of 41

summernoelle, I'm sorry teen's were so bad to you.
I know there are a lot of rude ones out there. (I know a few, I am glad to also know a few really nice ones who are respectfull and thankfull for the guidance, advice and more that the adults in their lifes provide.)
All I can say is that their this rude kids with their "NEVER IMVOLVED PARENTS" will end up in old folks homes all by themselves because their rude kids will say... whatever I dont care about you I only care about me. ( I know many elderly in that position too, so sad.)

I am starting to think that we need to get in touch with some elder politicians who are approaching that age and can now see that their kids are going to do this to them. Then we should get some programs and some tv advertisements going to let parents know that if they do not get involved and start showing their kinds how to respect their elders, there will be some serious issues coming up.
This could apply to the rest of the population too, but lets start somewhere.

Sorry... I will be off the soapbox... well almost: I know sometimes there are outside influences that are bad but a good talk a day is a good thing!

Good Luck.

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 3:28pm
post #40 of 41

gateaux, that was EXACTLY what I thought. They were talking about hiding drugs from their parents. and I was thinking, my kids better not turn out like that!

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 10:47pm
post #41 of 41

What a crazy request! People don't think!
Maybe you could email her a few similar photos of other cakes you have done in order to ease her mind about your skills. You know a lot of people call themselves professional decorators... and are not very experienced. She's probably been burned before.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%