Poll - What Should I Have Charged For This Cake?

Business By tasteebakes Updated 11 Jun 2008 , 11:03pm by CakeDiva73

tasteebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tasteebakes Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 10:29pm
post #1 of 2

What do you think I should charge for this cake.

It is on a half sheetboard. It will generously feed 30. It is a carved cake, Many of the slices of cake are two layers.(4inches) It is chocolate and vanilla with buttercream icing and fondant accents.

After a year of portfolio building, I am thinking of restructuring my pricing. Pricing is a serious issue for me. Alot of times I'm pricing on the spot, on the fly.

We (DH and I) were looking at purchasing CakeBoss, but are shop also doubles as a donut/fast breakfast spot and we were not sure how that would work. Does anyone have any software suggestions.

Thanks!
LL

1 reply
CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 2

I think it's a tough call because it's all about location. What was your 'cost', meaning ingredients, cakeboard, box, etc......then triple it and I think that is a fast way of determining price.

When I had to sit down and create a pricing list, it was an unholy pain in the.....well, you get the picture. icon_smile.gif You have to charge enough so you feel compensated but not so much that you don't get any business and unfortunately, I don't think anyone here can do that for you (unless there is a member living in your same area).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%