"i Want To Cancel My Cake!" Huh?

Decorating By grammynan Updated 12 Jun 2008 , 5:16pm by Cakepro

grammynan Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 8

I had all my Saturday cakes done on Friday because we had a family graduation to go to. This customer ordered her daughters birthday cake 3 1/2 weeks ahead. She called Friday evening and said she wanted to cancel her cake. I said, "It's already done, it's waiting for you to pick it up!!" She said she cancelled the party and she didn't need the cake anymore. I said "it's not my problem that you cancelled the party, you have to come pick up this cake!!" She said she really didn't want it.
I said, "you can't cancel this cake the day before. You have to come pick up this cake!" She said she would come.

So, I thought about it... I thought, "she's not gonna come. Maybe she didn't have the money." So I called her back and told her that I made the cake in good faith and she really is responsible for paying for it, but I would let her go. She didn't come and I shared the cake with some friends.

It's all water under the bridge now. But I would like to hear what some of you have to say about this.

7 replies
chutzpah Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 8

I would have made her pick it up. You can't just cancel a cake the day before!

KoryAK Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 8

Well, I don't care if she picks it up but she darn well had better pay for it. I always get the money first. She could PayPal you if nothing else.

loriana Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 8:39pm
post #4 of 8

Yeahup, hate to say it but I would have said kindly but firmly "you may not need the cake, but I do require payment for it since it was too late for cancellation. This is my policy" and then ask her if she wanted the cake after that, tell her you can donate it if she truly doesnt want it.

MichelleM77 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 9:49pm
post #5 of 8

definitely a good reason to get at least 50% deposit if not 100% before you bake. icon_smile.gif

cakesbycathy Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 11:52pm
post #6 of 8

3 words: non refundable deposit

At least then you are not out the cost of your supplies and ingredients.

twindees Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 12:39pm
post #7 of 8

Wow that is crazy. I think she should have paid for something. It was still her daughter's birthday. She would never be able to order from me again without a deposit.

Cakepro Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 5:16pm
post #8 of 8

In my case, I get the money upfront so I don't have to deal with issues like these.

I'm sorry you had this happen, and I'm really sorry you let her off the hook! She could have frozen the cake until she needed it.

Sherri

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%