I Know She Was Trying To Get A Refund!! (Sorry, Long)

Business By ccr03 Updated 11 Jun 2008 , 8:38pm by chutzpah

ccr03 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 7

So this lady that I made a cake for Saturday just called to complain. She said that the cake was not good at all and it was different from what she tried at the Expo and the pineapple didn't taste like pineapple.

I know she probably wanted me to say oh, sorry, let me refund you some money, but
1. if it weren't for the other orders I get and my good ol' taste testers (my sister's friends & co-workers), I might doubt that it was good - but I know it's good.
2. duh, it was different than the expo - the expo was vanilla and lemon, two settle flavors and she had strawberry and pineapple
3. pineapple didn't taste like pineapple my butt!! I had cake from that same batch and it not only tasted liked pineapple, but smelled like it!

Anyway, I ended up telling her, sorry you didn't like it and thank you for the feedback, I always like hearing from my customers so I can improve. After I told her I appreciate her comments, she hung up on me. Oh, but before that, she said she was going to bring in lots of business for me too. OH, and she was complaining about it was too expensive and although the decoration was nice, that's the least of things.

I know when something goes wrong someone will tell 100 people, but I have my name out in other circles, so I'm not too worried about it.

I'm all about customer service, but I'm also about standing behind my dish - which I know was good!

6 replies
ShopGrl1128 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 6:50pm
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccr03

So this lady that I made a cake for Saturday just called to complain. She said that the cake was not good at all and it was different from what she tried at the Expo and the pineapple didn't taste like pineapple.

I know she probably wanted me to say oh, sorry, let me refund you some money, but
1. if it weren't for the other orders I get and my good ol' taste testers (my sister's friends & co-workers), I might doubt that it was good - but I know it's good.
2. duh, it was different than the expo - the expo was vanilla and lemon, two settle flavors and she had strawberry and pineapple
3. pineapple didn't taste like pineapple my butt!! I had cake from that same batch and it not only tasted liked pineapple, but smelled like it!

Anyway, I ended up telling her, sorry you didn't like it and thank you for the feedback, I always like hearing from my customers so I can improve. After I told her I appreciate her comments, she hung up on me. Oh, but before that, she said she was going to bring in lots of business for me too. OH, and she was complaining about it was too expensive and although the decoration was nice, that's the least of things.

I know when something goes wrong someone will tell 100 people, but I have my name out in other circles, so I'm not too worried about it.

I'm all about customer service, but I'm also about standing behind my dish - which I know was good!

Sometimes I hate people...good for you, stick to your guns!

ccr03 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 7

Yeah, I was really proud of myself!

Although, admittingly, I did worry for a second after I hung up if I handled it correctly - but only lasted like a split second!

littlecake Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 7:53pm
post #4 of 7

YOU DID GREAT!

the only business you'll lose from people like this is more losers like themselves.

i have a small clientele that i take good care of, i really don't want to be everyone's cakelady!

as the years have gone by i've weeded out most of these types and have enough happy regulars to keep me busy.

rezzygirl Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 8:33pm
post #5 of 7

Good for you! I'm glad to hear you are confident in your product. People like that try to catch you off guard and make you feel guilty and not good enough so you will offer all kinds of discounts and refunds. I'm so happy that you stood up for yourself!!

ccr03 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 8:38pm
post #6 of 7

aww, thanks guys!!!

I knew you guys would appreciate it!!!

chutzpah Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 8:38pm
post #7 of 7

what a weenis.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%