Help Dried Ink On Edible Image Printer

Decorating By bakesweet06 Updated 12 Jun 2008 , 3:57am by bakesweet06

bakesweet06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakesweet06 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 6

Can someone help me? The ink on my edible image printer dried icon_redface.gif . I want to clean it but HOW??? icon_cry.gif And also if you can share where do buy ink and frosting sheets. I have not used it for 6 months. I have a CANON PIXMA ip6000D

Thank you !!!

5 replies
milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 5:52pm
post #2 of 6

KopyKake is where I buy my stuff for my PIXMA (frosting sheets and ink). They should have the cleaning kit as well...

jessieb578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessieb578 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 5:53pm
post #3 of 6

Ohh, I'd like to know too! I have the same printer and the same circumstance, lol! icon_biggrin.gif

twooten173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twooten173 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 6

When my print head gets clogged, I sit it in a little hot water - shallow enough not to touch metal leads on print head. Is that what you are talking about? I buy my supplies from http://icingimages.com

HTH

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 8:08pm
post #5 of 6

Also, here is a tip, when I don't use my printer for a while, I put the ink in a ziploc bag and pop it in the frige. Take it out a little while before I use it and let it come to room temperature. That way they don't dry out. icon_smile.gif Just a tip to try...

bakesweet06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakesweet06 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 3:57am
post #6 of 6

Tnak you for the tips. I'll try to clean it tomorrow and let you know what worked.

GRACIAS !! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%