Cookie Cutter Organization

Baking By Afterezra Updated 14 Jun 2008 , 9:11pm by kneadacookie

Afterezra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Afterezra Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:28pm
post #1 of 9

How does everyone keep their cutters?

Mine are in huge baskets and it kind of a pain. I saw a shelf that holds stamp pads for rubber stamping. I thought it might be worth looking into...
LL

8 replies
shalderman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shalderman Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 9

Right now I Just have mine in those clear plastic shoe boxes (cheap to get at Walmart!). I have them organized by type/design/season type thing. But I need more as they are getting full...need to break down the organization more. But I also need more storage space icon_smile.gif

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 8:12pm
post #3 of 9

I sorted mine into categories and tied them with a ribbon, then stored them in a huge clear plastic tub. I tried to use ribbon that went with the cutters, i.e. halloween, orange ribbon, etc.

Maybe sounds kind of dumb but it works great.

Melissaicon_smile.gif)))))

ac2steachk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ac2steachk Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 9:32pm
post #4 of 9

I use ziploc baggies of varying sizes for each category and then put all in large boot boxes on a shelf.

Yomomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yomomma Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 3:30pm
post #5 of 9

Mine are in those plastic three drawer units that are approx 12" square (avail at wal-mart). Each drawer is labeled i.e. wedding, CHRISTmas, baby, etc. I have 7 units (equaling 21 drawers) so far - & need more!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 4:35pm
post #6 of 9

I have a large Ziploc bag for each category, then all of those bags are in a large Rubbermaid container. It's working so far.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 5:36pm
post #7 of 9

Mine are all in clear plastic containers, and I can relate to running out of room! Why do I have this compulsion to buy new cookie cutters? Personally, I think it's this web sites fault. I see all those cute cookies, and I have to have the cutter that was used in case I want to try making the cookies. And don't get me started on all the sprinkles and decorations I've picked up after seeing them used on cookies here!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 8:49pm
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

Mine are all in clear plastic containers, and I can relate to running out of room! Why do I have this compulsion to buy new cookie cutters? Personally, I think it's this web sites fault. I see all those cute cookies, and I have to have the cutter that was used in case I want to try making the cookies. And don't get me started on all the sprinkles and decorations I've picked up after seeing them used on cookies here!

Ditto!!
I swear you said exactly what I do/think!!!

kneadacookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kneadacookie Posted 14 Jun 2008 , 9:11pm
post #9 of 9

that's the one nice thing about making my own templates. most of my cookie "cutters" are filed in a large index card box on my counter. i could probably use 2 more...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%