I Need To Find Some Quality Recipes!!!!!!!!

Baking By Cajah Updated 19 Jun 2008 , 2:16pm by ladyonzlake

Cajah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cajah Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:28pm
post #1 of 6

i need to find a icing & a frosting that is not sweet sweet & and will smooth easily.
i also need a plain cake mixture that is not sweet sweet.
if anyone can help i would surely appreciate it, thanx!!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 7:29pm
post #2 of 6

Recipes and sweetness are very subjective. One person may love the same recipe another finds disgusting.

The best think is to try a couple different styles. You should try at least one of the meringue based buttercreams. Swiss Meringue Buttercream (SMBC) is popular.

For cake, again, try a couple of recipes from good sources, although not everyone has good results from the same recipe. The Cake Bible has the recipes and the science around the recipes. Toba Garret's recipes are popular. And, there ae several highly recommended recipes in the recipe section.

Cajah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cajah Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 10:43pm
post #3 of 6

thanks for your help, surely appreciate it thumbs_up.gif

CakeDiane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiane Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 6

Hi Cajah--I see you're a newbie--welcome to CC!!

Have you tried the White Almond Sour Cream Cake recipe (also known as WASC) It's outstanding! You can leave the almond out if you need a plain vanilla cake--you can also alter this recipe and make it chocolate or yellow--it's a real crowd pleaser! You'll find it in our recipe section--

sjmoral Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sjmoral Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 1:57pm
post #5 of 6

How do I search for this recipe? WASC does not appear in the recipes.
Thanks

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 19 Jun 2008 , 2:16pm
post #6 of 6

Now here is the subjective part...I know a lot of people love the WASC cake but I think it's a very "wet" cake. I prefer either Toba Garret's or Sylvia Weinstocks for a vanilla cake.

What you need to do is experiment until you find what you like. It took me a while and I still experiement with different flavors.

For buttercream, definatly give the meringue BC's a try. I use IMBC. You'll find these are less sweet, smooth, they are buttery but when flavored with puree's, chocolate, ect they are delicious!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%