Edible Image Question

Decorating By debiz1123 Updated 11 Jun 2008 , 1:21pm by luelue1971

debiz1123 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 4:13am
post #1 of 3

The image I have is to big for the cake I want to make, I want to make a small individual cake for my granddaughter, anyway, it's Hannah Montana and it says Happy 4th Birthday Cheyenne in a circle around the top of Hannah Montana's picture.

Anyway, can I cut the words off and put them on seperate? I think it will fit if I can move them around a little bit. I've never done an edible image and had this one printed and shipped to me so I can't redo it if I mess it up. Will it be difficult to get off of the backing if I cut it? Will it be harder to do with the smaller pieces?

TIA!

Debbie

2 replies
veejaytx Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 6:17am
post #2 of 3

It is possible to cut the picture apart, but will it still look good on your cake? It does get a little more touchy to handle smaller pieces, but it can be done...I would cut them first, and take them off the backing one at a time though, so you can handle them to know how to place them.

I think I would consider making a little larger cake and leaving the image together...you can always freeze the extra and save it for later.

luelue1971 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:21pm
post #3 of 3

I have to disagree with Veejaytx on one point. For me the smaller pieces are easier to handle.

But yes you can cut them apart with the backing still on and add them one piece at a time. I've done this several times.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%