Bouquet For Bank Managers?

Baking By Afterezra Updated 30 Jun 2008 , 8:07pm by sugarplumfairycanada

Afterezra Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:31am
post #1 of 12

I've been asked to make a bouquet for a bank manager's meeting. There will be representatives from all eight branches. It could be great advertising. No pressure, right? icon_eek.gif

I've thought about dollar signs, money bags, piggy banks, or maybe even visa cards. I don't think I can pull off dollar bills. Any other suggestions? I'd really like to knock this one out of the park.

11 replies
GeminiRJ Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 5:51pm
post #2 of 12

I love the piggy banks and dollar signs! You could thow in a couple pencils, too. And how about the bank's logo? Most of those are pretty simple, and it would certainly personalize the bouquet. How about a rectangular cookie with the bank's name and business hours? Good luck!

Afterezra Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 6:24pm
post #3 of 12

Thanks. I'm going to attempt Lincoln, but I need to make sure I have a Plan B. I thought I could do letter cookies for the L, S, and B? I'm also unsure how to get a money green color. I've got thirteen days to figure out the logistics. icon_surprised.gif

GeminiRJ Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 12

To get a green color for the money, I'd try adding some olive or avocado to regular leaf green. Maybe a touch of black?

PattyT Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 6:53pm
post #5 of 12
yankeegal Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 8:40pm
post #6 of 12

Other easy "bank-type" cookies-withdrawal, deposit slips, safety deposit boxes, loan applications, mortgages, ATM cards, calculators, vaults, etc...Can you tell I used to work at a bank?

Afterezra Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 5:00pm
post #7 of 12

Thanks for everyone's great ideas. I was kind of a weenie and went with dollar signs and money bags, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

foxymomma521 Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 5:05pm
post #8 of 12

That looks great!

Jocmom Posted 28 Jun 2008 , 5:16pm
post #9 of 12

Great job!

I've been in banking for the past 28 years. Over the years I've received cookie bouquets as "Thank You" gifts from clients, and they've always been a big hit with our staff (I share).

You could have made the cookies any shape, and they would have been a hit as long as they taste good. Personalizing your bouquet made it extra special. Hopefully this bouquet will bring you lots of referrals.

PattyT Posted 29 Jun 2008 , 11:41am
post #10 of 12

Those look GREAT! What a nice bouquet.

So glad you posted - was wondering what you ended up with.

I'll bet they loved it.

Thanks - Pat

Alliekat66 Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 7:42pm
post #11 of 12
Originally Posted by Afterezra

Thanks for everyone's great ideas. I was kind of a weenie and went with dollar signs and money bags, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

well if thats what you call "weenie" ok.....but I think it looks awesome!! I'm sure you will get some orders out of that! Great job!

sugarplumfairycanada Posted 30 Jun 2008 , 8:07pm
post #12 of 12

I've worked in a bank too for a long time, and as others previously said, as long as it tastes great we'll eat it. I've seen many a cake and cookie devoured in the staff lunchroom. You're bouquet turned out great - you should be very proud of it.

One thing I try to remember but often forget is that not everyone does what we do. Sometimes our image of perfect seems impossible and to our surprise the recipients of our work think it is perfection. We are our own worst critics and see every flaw. Enjoy your talent!

Quote by @%username% on %date%