Injecting Filling Into A Mini Cake?

Decorating By kristina67 Updated 12 Jun 2008 , 12:10am by Jayde

kristina67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kristina67 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:25am
post #1 of 5

Has anyone ever tried to inject (with a syringe) filling for a mini cake or cupcake too I suppose? I was just wondering if it would work. Think of a Twinkie icon_lol.gif

4 replies
darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 12:19pm
post #2 of 5

I suppose it would be the same as filling a cupcake. I have a, I think it is a "bismark" filing tip that I use. It is the long skinny tip. I don't know the number for it.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 12:21pm
post #3 of 5

I've done it before. Just poke a round frosting tip into a part of the cake that will be covered with frosting (so the hole is hidden) and squeeze your frosting bag until it feels like the frosting's not going anywhere. Just make sure your cakes are cool before you start.

andria7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andria7 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:02pm
post #4 of 5

I have done this before. Wilton has the filling injectors (that is what I used). You need to hold the cupcake in your hand and inject it before you frost it. If you hold it, you will feel when it is "full." I bought premade bavarian cream filling from the Amish store in my town, but there are plenty of recipes. Hope this helps!
Andria

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 12:10am
post #5 of 5

I fill mine all the time with chocolate ganache, so its kinda like a cupcake truffle.

I just bought a syringe (flavor injector for like a turkey) from Walmart its like $2. I fill it up with the chocolate ganache, and shoot it right in there. The kids LOVE them!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%