What Is The Cake Bible!

Decorating By SWHEATLEYCAKES Updated 11 Jun 2008 , 1:40am by patrincia

SWHEATLEYCAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SWHEATLEYCAKES Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:00am
post #1 of 9

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT THE CAKE BIBLE IS? I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF IT! I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND IT. EVERYONE SEEMS TO HAVE IT AND IT SEEMS TO BE VERY USEFUL!

8 replies
mommy2djb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommy2djb Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:06am
post #2 of 9

i buy most of my books, cookbook or not, at half.com. just put "cake bible" in the search and it will come up.

There is also a "Cake Mix Bible", for altering cake mixes.

Good luck!

mija10417 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mija10417 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:08am
post #3 of 9

Here's the book on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0688044026/?tag=cakecentral-20

I personally have found most of the recipes I made from here to be dry but I love the buttercream recipes in this book.

terrig007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrig007 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:09am
post #4 of 9

Hi,
I have it and got it off of Amazon in the Used Book sections and paid probably about $15 for it. Has a lot of recipes from scratch and instructions. I have found it useful. Try Amazon or Ebay. HTH

patrincia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patrincia Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:15am
post #5 of 9

The cake bible recipes are not dry at all... they are perfection! Some might be interested in visiting the cake bible authors blog/forums at Realbakingwithrose.com

patrincia Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:18am
post #6 of 9

The cake bible recipes are not dry at all... they are perfection! Some might be interested in visiting the cake bible author's blog/forums at Realbakingwithrose.com. This book is for the serious baker who is interested in producing the best quality cakes from scratch. I've been a loyal CB fan for nearly 20 years and I HIGHLY Recommend it!!!!!

tlreetz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tlreetz Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:19am
post #7 of 9

I bought this book at Michaels with a 50% off coupon!! I LOVE this book!!

YAYI95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YAYI95 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:25am
post #8 of 9

There is a Cake Mix Dr and Cake Bible, I have them both and love the cake mix dr but have not tried anything from the Cake Bible..I bought the Cake Mix Dr in Michaels with a 50% coupon. Which they have one this week that way if you dont like it, you didnt spend a bunch of money on it..hth

patrincia Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:40am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYI95

There is a Cake Mix Dr and Cake Bible, I have them both and love the cake mix dr but have not tried anything from the Cake Bible..

The major difference here is whether you wish to bake from scratch (The Cake Bible), or start with a cake mix (Cake Mix Dr).

The Cake Bible is a very large and comprehensive book, a little on the pricey side for some. I'd suggest checking a copy out of the library before deciding whether or not to purchase it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%