Oh Pls! Help Me Find A Lg Cuppy Pan..meas Yours?? Pls!

Decorating By acookieobsession Updated 16 Jun 2008 , 12:11am by golfgirl1227

acookieobsession Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
acookieobsession Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 12:47am
post #1 of 17

I have been working with a local grocery chain to sell my cupcakes in packs of 6 and individually. but, they say the standard size is too small. thumbsdown.gif

The pans I have fill up to the tippy top with 1/2 cup water. i have the Wilton Jumbo pan, but yowsers that is HUGE!! icon_eek.gif The jumbo holds 1 cup water.

So i want a pan that holds about 3/4 of water to the tippy top.

So could y'all be little cuppy angels and measure your pans for me? I measured 1/2 water and poured wil it looks like is about to spill over. If it turns out your pan is more than 1/2 could you please tell me the brand and the place you got it? I have a license so I can buy from any retailer or wholesaler....

THANKS SO VERY< VERY MUCH. I am pulling my hair out! icon_cry.gif

16 replies
MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:20am
post #2 of 17

Oh.....measure yours. LOL! I couldn't figure out what your subject line was all about.

Sorry, mine are 1/2 cuppers as well. icon_smile.gif

acookieobsession Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:23am
post #3 of 17

I am glad it was confusing...perhaps everyone will click to see what the heck i am talking about! icon_smile.gif

Thanks Michelle for measuring yours!

Julia.....

MichelleM77 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:37am
post #4 of 17

Yep...you know what they say about curiosity and the cat. icon_smile.gif

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:39am
post #5 of 17

Lol...mine are a 1/2 cup as well....Have you tried one of the silicon cupcake pans? Those seem a little bigger then mine is.

YAYI95 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YAYI95 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:41am
post #6 of 17

Im one of those cats!!!LOL..mine are also 1/2 cup wish i could help...hopefully someone will be able to help you out...

mommyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyle Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:45am
post #7 of 17

Yup, mine are 1/2 cup too. However, I buy the "jumbo" muffin cups (not the giant that fill the 1 cup tins, they are the regular kind that you buy at the grocery store, but they say "jumbo"). I'm looking forward to seeing if there is a different size myself. Keep us posted!

mommyle Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:52am
post #8 of 17

Ok. I think they are ALL 1/2 cup. Check out Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muffin_tin

acookieobsession Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:00am
post #9 of 17

Thanls for checking guys.

Mommyle, unfortunately there are a bunch of sizes...I just can not find the perfect size I need.

I think foxrun sells one that holds 3/4 cup, but I did not want to shell out the $50 if I did not have to...know what I mean...??

My husband and I decided those jumbo from wilton are entirely too big. If you are gerring a cupcake for a small dessert, then that jsut defeats the purpose!

But I see the stores point...those "standard" size cuppies are jsut small. However, today i checked the local bakeries and there's are the standard 1/2 size too...

Grr....I am ready for something easy.....

Thanks for measuring...keep'em coming please if you can....

Julia

MichelleM77 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:05am
post #10 of 17

http://www.kitchenemporium.com/cgi-bin/kitchen/prod/06sz1068.html

How about these? They look bigger, but not as tall as the Wilton ones maybe?

Eileenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eileenscakes Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:09am
post #11 of 17

Here is a website that I think might have what you are looking for, they sell commercial pans but if you are a registered business you should be able to get them. The catalogue is down the bottom of the page and it has a ton of muffin pans on page 8. PM me if you cannot get the link, I will save the pdf document to my desktop and can send it to you if you need me to.
http://www.cmbakeware.com/downloads.cfm
Hope this helps!
icon_biggrin.gif

Eileenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eileenscakes Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:18am
post #12 of 17

Me again! icon_biggrin.gif

This is a link to a pop-over pan that has a capacity of 3/4 cups....might work!

http://www.goldaskitchen.com/merchant.ihtml?id=30&pid=460&step=4

Prices are in Canadian dollars but they ship worldwide and the US dollar is about par with ours now!

thumbs_up.gif

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 5:03am
post #13 of 17

Parrish's in Calif. has a cuppy pan, that is 3/4. Only bad thing about it is makes about 18 -24 at once. For those who work from home or have a small oven, this might not work.

mommyle Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 4:10pm
post #14 of 17

I just bought the pans from Golda's Kitchen. I can hardly wait! Thanks for starting this!!!

acookieobsession Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 11:35am
post #15 of 17

Ok, I went to a local rest supply store and got a jumbo pan. It holds just under a cup. It measures 3.5 across and 1.5 deep. the cupcakes are larger than stnadarnd, but smaller than those ginormous wilton jumbo pans.

I would still make my kids split one of these cup cakes, but we will see what the grocery store says, meeting first week of July.

Thanks so much for all of your help. Julia

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 15 Jun 2008 , 3:39pm
post #16 of 17

I know it's too late, but mine holds 3/4 cup. It is a Baker's Secret pan. My sister bought it for me, so I'm not sure where it's from. HTH...

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 16 Jun 2008 , 12:11am
post #17 of 17

I use a pan with standard sized cups, but my cupcakes are bigger. I found papers that are taller, the base is the same size though. I prefer this because they don't end up looking like a HUGE cupcake, but they are bigger than your typical "home" cupcake. The liners are by Hoffmaster, I bought them online and can't find the site that I purchased them from. I measured a standard liner and used those dimensions to figure out what I wanted.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%