Where To Buy The Wilton Fountain?

Decorating By Iheartcake Updated 12 Jun 2008 , 2:29pm by greyblue

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 12:30am
post #1 of 11

I went to Michael's today and they did have the fountain.. but no pillars! Ideally I would like to know if there is anywhere online where you can buy the whole kit, fountain, pillars and plates. I've checked on e-bay, but so far it's just the fountain. And I have a 50% off coupon for Michael's so the $100 fountain would only be $50.. which is what the e-bay ones are going for (plus shipping). However I dont' really want to buy the fountain if I can't find the pillars.

Any suggestions? If I can't find a kit with the whole thing, what would I need.. 4 13" Pillars? (from what I've been reading) and a 14" cake plate? The box didn't tell you what you needed either.

10 replies
Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:28am
post #2 of 11

I found mine at my local cake decorating shop, but have also had good luck on ebay and found a full set of plates, pillars and the fountain there for a great deal. You could try Wilton.com if nothing else.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 12:29pm
post #4 of 11

They don't ship to anywhere but the US icon_cry.gif

But that would've been perfect. Thanks for the help.. if anyone else has any suggestions, please let me know!

Chef_Stef Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:22pm
post #5 of 11

Did you try Wilton.com? ...

You'd need at least a 16" set of plates and 6 -13" pillars; I think 14" would be too small, but I haven't measured. I have two sets of plate/pillars: the crystal look ones, and the white arched pillars with white plates. One set has (I think) 6 pillars and a 16" plate, the other has 7 and a 17" plate (I think--don't quote me--haven't measured them).

I'm almost sure I've seen the set of crystal look pillars at Michaels; did you try asking them if they could order what you need?

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
punkinpie Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:37pm
post #7 of 11

Do you know anyone that lives near another Michaels that might have it? They could mail it to you.

It is a pain when when the majority of good ebay deals won't ship to Canada, or the shipping costs are outrageous and then you have to pay duty on top of it.

Hope you find it icon_smile.gif

Iheartcake Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 5:09pm
post #8 of 11

And my fear with going from the US to Canada would be it getting caught up at custom's. I'm going to look into a couple of the ebay ones, but I might just have to take a bit of a road trip to the Michael's in the city's closest to me.

It's really too bad they don't sell it as a kit!

Thanks again everyone!

ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 5:16pm
post #9 of 11

yeah, I hadn't thought about customs....

greyblue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greyblue Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 2:29pm
post #11 of 11

I'm not sure where in Canada you live, but I live in Ontario and I order things from http://www.goldaskitchen.com/, check them out they will have everything you need.
Have a wonderful day!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%