Candy Cake Help!

Decorating By SarahJane Updated 13 Jun 2008 , 1:29am by rooch

SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 10:37pm
post #1 of 4

I'm pretty good at modeling, but I've started to make the candy for my candy cake and it isn't going so well. Anyone have any tips? I tried to make one of those big flat suckers with the multiple colors. It looked terrible and the two colors wouldn't stick together, so the sucker kept coming apart. Also, blow pops are trickier to make than you would think.

Anyway, any specific tips on making "candy" would be appreciated.

SARAH

3 replies
SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:32am
post #2 of 4

Anyone? Also, I don't think I was clear, but I'm making them out of fondant.

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:40am
post #3 of 4

bump- and clarify...

Cake with candy in batter or filling????

Cake that looks like a particular type of candy????

Or cake with candy stuck around the outside to decorate it???

Maybe no answer because we are confused.... icon_smile.gif

rooch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rooch Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 1:29am
post #4 of 4

Hi there. I am actually in the process of finishing all of my "candy" for my son's 7th birthday cake. i have made a hershey bar with chocolate coming out of the wrapper, Reeses package, Dots, a half eaten Hostess creme filled cupcake, Spree, Crunch bar, candy necklace, candy buttons, oreo cookies, Swedish fish, swirly lollipops, etc. For the swirly pop i simply rolled a white long piece of fondant and a yellow one and twirled them together and coiled them up. once they were coiled i then flattened them a bit and pushed a stick in. I used fondant for all of the above and it was very tedious but it all worked pretty well. where are you stuck?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%