Chocolate Imbc & Freezing

Decorating By Soniabean Updated 11 Jun 2008 , 2:21pm by pastrylady

Soniabean Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 4

I was wondering what was the best way to make chocolate IMBC. Do you melt chocolate or use cocoa powder? How much chocolate do you add? Also a second question I have is can I freeze a cake iced in IMBC? I have a wedding to prepare for and the heat is on here in NYC. The bride wants IMBC. The trip to my house to the air conditioned hall is no more than 20 minutes. I was thinking if I froze the cake it would stay fine until it was ready to be served several hours later. Do you all think that is a good idea? Thanks for your help icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
Soniabean Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:48pm
post #2 of 4

Bump icon_razz.gif

Soniabean Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:48pm
post #3 of 4

Bump icon_razz.gif

pastrylady Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 4

I use melted chocolate to flavor IMBC. I don't measure it, just add it until the color and flavor is what I want.

You can freeze a cake with IMBC, but for a 20 minute drive I don't think it's really necessary. If you take the cake cold from the refrigerator and drive in an air conditioned car you should be fine. Assuming the cake will be displayed in an air conditioned room, you actually want it to sit out for a few hours before eating it. IMBC tastes best at cool room temp.

Quote by @%username% on %date%