What Are Your Hours?

Business By sheila06 Updated 11 Jun 2008 , 12:05am by drowsyrn

sheila06 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 6:13pm
post #1 of 6

I was wondering what hours your shop is open?
I am in the process of determining my working hours and just wanted some idea from others already in the business. Thanks

5 replies
chutzpah Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 6

Your working hours and your opening hours will never coincide!

My opening hours:
sun-mon: closed
tues-fri: 8:30-17:00 (5 pm)
sat: 10:00-16:00 (4 pm)

My actual working hours are a whole 'nother story!

jewelykaye Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 6

I'm by appointment only but that is due to the fact that I rent space from another kitchen. When I have a place of my own my hours will be:

Thursday and Friday 12 (Noon) to 7 PM.

Other than that it's by appointment only.

Make sure what ever hours you choose you will actually be there. I've been to a couple places that say they are open 8-5 Mon-Fri and they aren't there during those times. That is very aggrevating to customers. Of course, deliveries you will be out for but you just leave a note on the door for that.

littlecake Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 9:52pm
post #4 of 6

thursday fri sat...10-5, although on friday and saturday i'm THERE working for a lot longer than the hours i'm open.

mon, tues, wed. by appointment

indydebi Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 10:05pm
post #5 of 6

M-F: 10:30-5:00. Saturday hours are dependent on my wedding/catering schedule right now. After hours appts are available.

I have 4 girls come in Mon and Wed from 8:30 to noon to make cookie dough balls to put in the 'frig/freezer for the week's orders. I have 2 other girls come in 10:30 to 3:00 to work the front retail and to do any misc. baking, cleaning, mixing, etc. With the 2 girls in the shop, I can run any errands I need to run.

Otherwise I have a couple of signs ready to hang on the door that says "Back in 20 minutes" (i.e. like when I have to run my daughter home and it's only a 6 minute round trip drive); the other sign says "Back in 5 minutes" (for when I run out of p.sugar and have to walk next door to the Dollar General, or across the parking lot to Burger King.)

And yeah ... working hours are MUCH different than "open" hours! SOmetimes I go in at 7:30 .... sometimes I work as late as 1:00 a.m. Just depends on what needs done.

drowsyrn Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 12:05am
post #6 of 6

Mon- appt only
Tues- closed
Wed- 11-5
Thurs- closed
Fri- 11-5
Sat- 11-3
Sun- closed

I am an RN and work tues and thurs at the hospital (12 hr shifts).
I use to be closed only on Sun and that was killing me! So I changed Mon to appt only. Now I have two days off from both places. The great thing is you can set your own hours when you own the place! icon_lol.gif

You may have to play with it a while before you find what works for you. It took me a few months before I had my set hours. I always made sure my sign read "Temp Hours" before I found what was right for me and the business. You'll know when you get it right.

I also just hired my first employee! She will work Fri, Sat, and will open the shop for appx 4-5 hours on Thursday.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%