Needing Ideas To Package Small Amts Of Cookies

Baking By bakinccc Updated 11 Jun 2008 , 1:23am by MichelleM77

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 2:08pm
post #1 of 12

I had a customer asking if I could somehow package sets of three cookies together. These are sugar cookies with royal icing. I didn't want to put them in a bag together because having them against each other would ruin the icing decoration. Does anyone have any good ideas for doing this so the cookies would show well?

11 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 4:02pm
post #2 of 12

I don't know if you want to have an extra piece of equipment, but if you got an impulse sealer and some long bags, you could put one cookie in the bag, seal it, put the next cookie in, seal that, add the final one and seal the bag up. We used to be able to get some long bags from a bakery supplier, but maybe you can ask your local cake store if they have something like that?

HTH,
Deanna

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 12

Are they small? If so maybe you could cut a piece of card stock and either add a drop of RI or corn syrup and "glue" them in a nice arrangement then package them. Sounds good in theory. I would also like to hear of more ways to package small amounts of cookies.

bakinccc Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 12

toomuchcake - that's really an original idea but I don't think I want to go the impulse sealer route. I like to keep things simple.

kimsmom - they're 3-4 inch cookies so they're good-sized.

Anyone else have any ideas?

yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 12

What about using a small size box-like a candy one? Are you looking for a container of sorts or just a way to bag them without rubbing together?

Valli_War Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valli_War Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 5:41pm
post #6 of 12

Don't know if this works, why don't you bag them separately and when you tie the ribbon, cobine three and tie them. Like a bunch of flowers.

kimsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimsmom Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 5:41pm
post #7 of 12

Bag them individually and put a ribbon around all 3; if you set them all to face out, you can stand them up. This would work well if they are to be placed at a table setting. Or staple them layered in individual bags together to a single header.

patrincia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patrincia Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 5:55pm
post #8 of 12

I like both of Kimsmom's ideas - very creative!!!

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 6:13pm
post #9 of 12

Just an idea...i don't know if you could find something like this or the cost of it..BUT>...I saw an idea for displaying cookies on CC not long ago. Using some sort of wire form, you bag each cookie individually and hang them by ribbons on it.
This website shows many cookies on the form,maybe you can scale it back with a smaller base..
Heres the link http://thecookieladies.net/catalog/_babies.htm

amr70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amr70 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 6:13pm
post #10 of 12

you could use CD envelopes & tie them together with a pretty ribbon

bakinccc Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 8:46pm
post #11 of 12

I'm really liking these ideas. I'm going to keep them all in mind but I think my favorite is individually bagging them, with each facing outward, and tying with one ribbon. It's simple, practical and probably will look great because you can see all the cookies. Thanks valliwar and kimsmom.

yankeegal - I'm looking for both those kind of ideas.

I ended up individually bagging them for the customer. She was going to do something with them to give the girls three cookies each (no idea what) but I wish I could've helped her better.

Thanks to you others for your input too!!!!!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:23am
post #12 of 12

I've put more than one cookie in a bag and had no problems. As long as the RI is hard, it shouldn't mess up. Glad you had a happy customer though! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%