3D Painting Technique?

Decorating By Kitchen_Witch Updated 10 Jun 2008 , 2:00am by TooMuchCake

Kitchen_Witch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitchen_Witch Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 1:42am
post #1 of 3

Hi! I'm new to the forums and pretty new to cake decorating as well. I think I am addicted though and I am always looking for new things to try. I've seen this 3d painting effect on a couple of cakes online and would love to know how to do it and what its called. From what I can tell the icing is piped on the cake and then pulled with a brush down to form the petals? I am going to experiment a little with it, but if someone could tell me how its done I would greatly appreciate the help!

The attached pic is not mine, but something I found while searching the web. I apologize but I don't remember where I got it. icon_redface.gif
LL

2 replies
mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 1:57am
post #2 of 3

That's exactly how you do it. It's called brushed embroidery. I've never tried it myself (except in class), but it does look really pretty!

TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 2:00am
post #3 of 3

Yep, that's how you do brush embroidery. It can be done with both buttercream and royal icing. I prefer to do it in royal icing on fondant-covered cakes, like the one in the photo, but you can do it on buttercream cakes, too. I love doing it. It's easy but every striking.

Deanna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%