Please Help! Mother Goose Has Got Me!

Decorating By andria7 Updated 10 Jun 2008 , 2:11pm by grannys3angels

andria7 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 1:31am
post #1 of 4

I thought maybe if I made the subject more interesting, someone may help. I need ideas for a nursery rhyme cake for my son's pre-k graduation. Thank you!

3 replies
grannys3angels Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 5:09am
post #2 of 4

Maybe you could do candy transfers of Jack & Jill and of a well and place that in one area of the cake, and then do some of Hey Diddle Diddle (cat, plate, fork, spoon, cow and the moon place that in/on another part of the cake.

Also could do Mother Goose with a Goose and place that on the cake as your topper....and/or Humpty-Dumpty setting on a wall. Little Bo Peep, Little Boy Blue. This idea would work very well if you are going to do a two or more teir cake.

You could also, if doing a sheet cake make it look like a open book and maybe do some Mother Goose themes on it. Like on one side maybe do Humpty-Dumpty and on the other side do Jack & Jill or some other type Mother Goose theme.

I can see these ideas in my head, but it is so hard to try and explain in words. If I could draw it up for you I would, so you could understand more of what I am saying. Sorry if I have been of no help, good luck!

God Bless,

p.s. if I can think of anything else I would let you know.
Well I just found this on the Wilton web site, here is a link to it.

andria7 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 2:02pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you so much for your ideas. Once you started to suggest things, my creativity kicked in. I think I was having "cake block" last night.
Again, thanks!

grannys3angels Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 2:11pm
post #4 of 4

Your welcome. Oh that nasty cake block icon_smile.gif , I think we all have it now and then.

Good Luck! & God Bless,

Quote by @%username% on %date%