Meet My New Baby!!

Lounge By Melvira Updated 31 Oct 2008 , 4:09pm by chassidyg

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 6:31pm
post #451 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlesticks

What more can ya ask for !Happy healthy kids and a great Husband !Your very rich in those ways, be very thankful. I am also very rich in those ways and Im thankful everyday to be so blessed.

That is SO true, but, lest we forget... they are blessed too with a wonderful, gorgeous, caring, talented Mommy/Wife! I mean, we do it all and still come out smiling! (Usually! Hehehe)

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 6:36pm
post #452 of 510

icon_lol.gif Well I would have added all of that BUT its a given!!!!!! icon_lol.gif Though you might have to remind Hubby now and then icon_lol.gif I tell mine how lucky he is VERY often icon_razz.gificon_rolleyes.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 7:23pm
post #453 of 510

Hi Mel!

Congrats on baby Zach! He is too gorgeous for words and the dimples are to die for! Both your boys are beauties!!!

I was just thinking about you last night while I was on CC and wondering if you had your baby yet (I've had a lot of things going on in my life lately and forgot when you were due) and low and behold I saw this thread today. I'll have to confess, I read the 1st 16 pages and scanned thru the rest as I've still got to watch my 4 little ones and the baby is due to wake up from his nap any minute now!

I hope all of your doing better with all of the problems you had, incision, back pain, headaches, kidney stones and Alex's ear infection. Did I miss anything? Sorry to hear about the death of dog, I know he wasn't yours but.....

and, I'm really happy for you and your family that your Sis has finally left the building!!!

Once again congrats on the new baby!

Melvira Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 7:51pm
post #454 of 510

Thanks xstitcher!! Glad you found us, so you don't have to wonder any more!! It's nice to know you were thinking of me though... that makes me feel pretty awesome!!

Oh boy... I took a quick break to check in here, and I am now catching the distinct odor of "Mommy, I need you!" icon_lol.gif My littlest angel smells like the devil right now! Hehehehe!

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 8:35pm
post #455 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Oh boy... I took a quick break to check in here, and I am now catching the distinct odor of "Mommy, I need you!" icon_lol.gif My littlest angel smells like the devil right now! Hehehehe!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Oh Yeah.... I definitely do NOT miss that part of the whole baby thing! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 8:38pm
post #456 of 510

Hehehehe... it was just a toot! It doesn't bother me, but yah, I suppose I'd prefer NOT doing it. icon_rolleyes.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 8:46pm
post #457 of 510

icon_lol.gif My grandkids just left and the baby is 11 months and I can smell my garbage icon_lol.gif Nope I dont miss that part at all ! icon_lol.gif They sure are sweet though ! icon_razz.gif

xstitcher Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 8:46pm
post #458 of 510

That's too funny Mel!

I just came back on from changing one of those!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 19 Aug 2008 , 9:38pm
post #459 of 510

Aww, come on, poopy diapers aren't that bad!! When you weigh in all the other things, they kind of pale in comparison!!

Does anyone have any tricks for potty training? It is SO time for Alex to be out of diapers, but he really doesn't want to do it. He gets upset when you ask him to use the potty, and he won't tell you when he has to go. If I 'catch' him, I can get him on there, but that's pretty rare. He just really is resisting. I know they say you can't force it, that they'll do it when they're ready, but does anyone have any ideas to help him GET ready? I had wanted him to be trained before the baby was born... if you think diapers for ONE is expensive... sheesh! Plus, it's just time. He is three now... it's time!

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 1:13pm
post #460 of 510

Mel have DH bring Alex into bathroom with him and throw cheerios into the toilet then shoot them down icon_lol.gif

he understands potty - right? well one day you should pull out one of Zach's diapers (from Alex's stack, put a few where Alex's usually are) and try to put it on Alex - OOOOHHH doesn't fit! Tell Alex - That means you are too big for diapers - WOW! You're really a big boy now and need to use the potty like Daddy! Make it exciting! Then put him in training pants from then on, not pull up diapers - training pants (get them at walmart), big difference, pull ups still take the moisture away and so it is not uncomfortable when accidents happen. It'll take about a week but if you have him go into the bathroom every hour and sit on toilet he'll go eventually. And get REALLY REALLY excited about it when he does go. It may be a struggle at the begining and expect a lot of accidents the first 2-3 days, have him change himself as much as possible - take off wet clothes put on clean clothes - wash hands. It is a lot but don't back down - just remind him that his diapers just don't fit any more because he's a big boy now so he has to do his stuuf on the toilet. - Rewards really help too - sticker on a chart every time he makes pee or poop on potty/toilet and then when he gets 5 (or however many you choose) he gets a reward, whatever you and he choose is special. My kids never used a potty seat - they hated them - they wanted to use the toilet instead. With my youngest now we sing songs while she is on the potty. I've done this 3x and working on the 4th now. As long as you do not back down once you go for the potty training you should be fine, if you let Alex make the decision you'll be like my BIL/SIL with their son in diapers until 4.9 years old - only forced him to train so he could go to kindergarden.

PM me if you have any more questions. Sorry so long...

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:19pm
post #461 of 510

Mel...my oldest just turned 4 in July. I finally got him completely potty trained when he was about 3 1/2. He had NO interest what so ever. We got him pull ups but like Cakemakr said...it was just like a diaper. So I tried those ones that make them cold when they go. And those seemed to work. The other thing I found out... he HATED briefs. That was the biggest thing. Even though we bought him "special Diego underwear" He didn't want them. He said they hurt him. So I tried a pair of boxers. He liked those, but had a hard time getting them back into his pants. He finally said to me... "Mom I want underwear like daddy." So I went to Wal Mart and bought him a 3 pack of boxer briefs. He loved them. It was about a week after that he was completely potty trained. Through the night and everything. He had worn the pull ups the first couple of nights just to be safe, and he hated how they felt. So he'd wake up dry...go to the bathroom, go potty and take off the pull up telling me it was Ouchie. He was the one that said no more pull ups at bed time..I want my underwear. And that as that.

fiddlesticks Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 2:45pm
post #462 of 510

I so agree with cupcakemkr..
Mel have DH bring Alex into bathroom with him and throw cheerios into the toilet then shoot them down... Works like a charm. Little boys like to get fancy with their aim ! LOL!!! I trained 3 boys this way in no time at all..And yes dont play around with the fancy pull ups etc , go straight for the real training pants, Get them in a print he likes and let him go with you to pick them out, make a big deal out of all that. And that he gets to do have a special day out with mom.

Melvira Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 3:08pm
post #463 of 510

Thanks for the excellent suggestions guys! I have bought him some awesome Cars underpants because he loves Cars, and he likes to wear them... on his head! Ugh!! I have asked DH to take him in there, but he's kind of 'shy' I guess. I suppose I'll just have to lay down the law and tell him to take him in there and DO IT!! Sheesh, he stands there and watches me go potty every day... it's not like he's going to stare anything off!!

And he totally understands the potty concept. When I am going he says, "Mommy's going pee pee!" And he wants to flush, and we've taught him to wave at it and say 'bye bye pee pee' or bye bye poopy'! And that is the funniest thing on the planet for some reason! But only if I am the one that 'went'. The few times that he has actually gone on the potty I have practically thrown a ticker tape parade! You'd think he graduated college at the age of three! icon_wink.gif

We have a little potty that makes music when you go, and we have just a rim that sits on the regular potty. He prefers the regular potty from what I can tell, but he's just so resistant. I put the undies on him and when he didn't tell me he had to go and had an accident, I let him sit in wet pants for a few minutes, but he really didn't seem to care. It was a little annoying! Ok... I will not give up! I will just keep trying!! Thanks again for the tips!

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 20 Aug 2008 , 5:18pm
post #464 of 510

Congratulaions!! Zach is just a darling! I just came across this thread so sorry for being so late.
Potty training can be difficult on both the child and the parent! I have two boys also and it was not an easy task! My boys both disliked the potty chair and the seat that went on the toilet so I placed them on the toilet backwards (so they are facing the back of the toilet) and that seemed to work. They got to see "stuff" hitting the water and found it pretty amusing. Good Luck!

Melvira Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:22am
post #465 of 510

Thanks ShayShay!! I had a friend that told me she did the backward thing with her son! I might have to resort to that!! thumbs_up.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 1:33am
post #466 of 510

Hey Mel My boys did that to for a while, Keep watch because they like to get fancy and aim for the back of the seat LOL!! Little boys can be very creative in that area , at least my 3 were . I do think boys are easier to train then girls though. From what I hear. My 3rd son trained his self because he wanted to be like the boys ( as he would always say ) meaning his 2 brothers. LOL!

Bettycrockermommy Posted 21 Aug 2008 , 2:41am
post #467 of 510

I wish I could help you Mel, but I only had little girls to train. But I do remember that my nephews liked the backward method.

Good Luck!

Melvira Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 8:35pm
post #468 of 510

OMG, OMG, OMG... I just loaded up my babies and sent them off to Grandma's house for the night. I can't stop crying!! This is the first time for Zach. This is killing me. I almost chased the car down the street, instead just came back inside and started ransacking the house looking for booze. Then I realized all my wine is in a bin under a bunch of stuff, so I came here instead. icon_rolleyes.gif Lazy much? Maybe I'll have to take a vicodin. I just can't stop crying. What an idiot. thumbsdown.gif I told her as she was driving away, "You have everything in my life that matters in your back seat right now... for the love of God, please drive safely." Then I burst into tears and ran inside.

The worst part is that I have five cakes to finish right now before I can even enjoy my 'night off'. Of course, I'm going to spend it lying in bed, crying and calling them every five minutes until Mom stops answering. I am good about letting her have them, but it kills me every time. Now, since there are two of them, it's even worse.

Also, I went to the doctor today and he showed me the stones on the xray and said the pain I am describing doesn't sound like it's just coming from them, so he thinks I have an infection. SO, he put me on antibiotics, then I go back the 9th of september to discuss another lithotripsy.

ARGH!!!!!!!

I want my babies back...

fiddlesticks Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 8:57pm
post #469 of 510

icon_cry.gif I know how lost you feel !! But you better pull yourself together or you will have the worst headache ever thumbsdown.gif
Darn GRAMMA anyway ! Why did she take them ??? icon_sad.gif
Just for a sleep over ?Maybe if you get busy on the cakes the time will go faster ! icon_sad.gif
Im sorry to hear you are having more medical problems ! thumbsdown.gificon_mad.gif

Bettycrockermommy Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 9:19pm
post #470 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

I want my babies back...

Ah, Mel! You are gonna make me cry! icon_cry.gif I know how you are feeling about the babies leaving, but I promise you'll be okay. I think fiddlesticks is right. Once you start working on your cakes, the time will fly!

I am so sorry that you are having more medical problems. You just can't seem to catch a break. thumbsdown.gificon_sad.gificon_cry.gif

xstitcher Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 10:17pm
post #471 of 510

Sorry to hear your not feeling well Mel!

The only times I have been away from any of my babies (overnight or for longer than it takes me to get groceries or go for a cake class) is to have another baby!!!! I don't think I could do it without the newborn there to help me through it!!

Melvira Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 10:25pm
post #472 of 510

See, I knew you guys would understand, and that's why I love ya!!

I'll be ok... I'm done crying for a little while. icon_rolleyes.gif

I pulled myself together and finished four of the cakes... just about to finish the fifth. Fifth cake... not fifth of Vodka like I considered earlier! icon_lol.gif But who knows... the night is young... maybe I'll have a margarita or something. Do I still know how to make those? What am I thinking... I don't have the stuff for that. I do have the stuff for an amaretto stone sour though, or a Lemon Drop. Hubby is on the way home... I'm sure he has ideas of how to get my mind off the kids. icon_redface.gif Sorry... TMI!! hahahaha.

Gramma just wanted to take the babies overnight because she can't get enough of them. There is only so much kissing you can do in a daytime visit I suppose. She wants to wait for 'em to fall asleep and then get 'em while they're defenseless! (No... I've never done that... no way Jose... it's a coincidence that I know you can do that... icon_lol.gif )

Anyway, off to finish that cake, then I earned me a big 'ol bubble bath!! And I am having one of my favorite foods for dinner. And then... I work on convincing hubby that my impeccably clean feet deserve a rubbing. Hey... I might like this night off... now where are those rated R movies I can never watch... icon_twisted.gif

Meemawfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meemawfish Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 10:30pm
post #473 of 510

Awe Mel the babies are in good hands and you need to get as much rest as possible with the kidney stones. Just go do your cakes and let grandma do her job ( spoiling the babies). I know all about that just ask any of my grandkids and they'll tell you the same. Now about the liptoripsy, my husband had this done 3 times and it helped for a little while but what he's been having done now is going up the penis and having the stones lasar blasted. This works ten times better than the lipthotripsy for him. I'm sure your doctor knows best though. I hope you feel better and take it easy. The babies will be home in no time. icon_biggrin.gif

Melvira Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 10:36pm
post #474 of 510

GAH!!! I don't want anything going up my penis!!! Wait... actually, that would be fine with me. Hubby might not care for this, but I am perfectly fine with it!! Hehehehehehe!!!

Meemawfish Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 10:43pm
post #475 of 510

I know Mel that's what my husband said but they put him to sleep and he didn't feel a thing as a matter of fact he said that was the best sleep he's ever had. icon_lol.gif

Melvira Posted 22 Aug 2008 , 11:25pm
post #476 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemawfish

I know Mel that's what my husband said but they put him to sleep and he didn't feel a thing as a matter of fact he said that was the best sleep he's ever had. icon_lol.gif

You know, that's true... when I had the lithotripsy, the sleep was great... but it doesn't last long enough. icon_razz.gif

Meemawfish Posted 23 Aug 2008 , 8:33pm
post #477 of 510

Boy don't I know it. He asked them to bottle some up so he could take it home but sadly they couldn't. icon_lol.gif

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 24 Aug 2008 , 4:46pm
post #478 of 510

Mel-
hope you feel better soon!!

Can your baby come teach mine how to sleep? He's 7 months old, and never sleeps more than 2 hours in a stretch, sometimes at night he wakes up every 45 minutes..icon_sad.gif

xstitcher Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 3:56am
post #479 of 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by just_for_fun

Mel-
hope you feel better soon!!

Can your baby come teach mine how to sleep? He's 7 months old, and never sleeps more than 2 hours in a stretch, sometimes at night he wakes up every 45 minutes..icon_sad.gif

Mine's 9 months and does the same thing!! My first was the same as well. He didn't start sleeping through the night until he was nearly 1 1/2 years old yet my 2nd one was sleeping through the night at 5 weeks! I wish all of them were like that icon_sad.gif !!!

fiddlesticks Posted 25 Aug 2008 , 5:11pm
post #480 of 510

Hey Mel... I guess the boys had a great visit at gramma,s house and got home all safe and happy after being spoiled !

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%