Venting--Soccer Ball Cupcakes

Decorating By robinscakes Updated 9 Jun 2008 , 10:10pm by southerncake

robinscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinscakes Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 11:41am
post #1 of 4

So, I really hate doing soccer balls. They're time consuming and you have to be really careful to get all the angles right, blah blah blah. Anyway, someone at the bakery took an order for soccer ball cupcakes and I thought that won't be bad. Only 24. They turned out nicely (forgot to take a picture). When the woman ordered them she never asked about price. When she came in to pick them up she was charged $36 ($1.50 per cupcake). My daughter waited on the customer who asked "Are you sure they're $36?" She looked at the price I wrote again and told her that they were. She said, "You're kidding! For two dozen cupcakes?" My daughter told her that they were all individually hand-decorated and that's what we charge for that kind of work. She bought the cupcakes and then walked out in a huff saying to her friend, "They have a lot of nerve charging that kind of money. If I knew I never would have ordered them." First of all, who orders anything without asking the price, and secondly $1.50 per cupcake is CHEAP! Grrrr....people get on my nerves!!! thumbsdown.gif

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 4

It would have fun (for me) to say" oh that's right it should be $48.

Some people can't think for themselves.

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 10:08pm
post #3 of 4

$36? That's not bad at all! And soccer balls=the devil. I have some of those coming up in two weeks, and I'm doing the test run of 'em tonight or tomorrow. icon_razz.gif I'm NOT looking forward to that part! LOL

But yeah... what's the deal with not asking how much? Did she assume that they'd be Sam's Club cheap or something? Even Sam's charges at least $1/each, from what I've seen...

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 10:10pm
post #4 of 4

I think $1.50 is a deal for soccer ball cupcakes!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%