Cake Therapy

Decorating By CakesbyBecca Updated 10 Jun 2008 , 11:55pm by bambuf

CakesbyBecca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyBecca Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 5:00am
post #1 of 8

I've been having a rough week. We've had 3 sets of visitors since Mother's Day and I'm tired icon_surprised.gif . This afternoon, I decided to sit down and make my nephew a fire truck cake just for fun. I have never made a carved cake before, but I thought I would give it a try. By the time I finished the cake, I literally felt like a new woman icon_biggrin.gif . I don't feel nearly as tired and I'm happy again. I LOVE cake therapy! icon_biggrin.gif
I decided to put the picture of the fire truck in my photos even though it leaves a lot to be desired because it is, after all, my first carved cake icon_rolleyes.gif I had to fight my perfectionist instinct and allow myself to do a quick and sloppy job because I honestly didn't have nearly as much time as I would have liked, but knew my nephew would love it and he's only here for two more days. Thanks for looking!

Becca

7 replies
dare2bloved Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dare2bloved Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 5:23am
post #2 of 8

Becca too cute. lol You did a good job for 1st time and in that amount of time. I understand what you mean. I love to get alone in my kitchen and listen to my music and bake away....I want to be left alone while I am creating my art...lol and then love to share it with others. I think you are on to something...maybe we should start a cake day instead of a spa day...lol

Lacicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lacicakes Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 5:42am
post #3 of 8

Cute!Cute!Cute! icon_razz.gif Fantastic work for your first carved cake.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 6:35am
post #4 of 8

You did a great job. Way to go!

hallow3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hallow3 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 9:59pm
post #5 of 8

Well I think you did a fine job. Cake tension release is what I call it. I still can not make red to save my life.. Good job.

Prudence Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Prudence Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 8

Good job, girl. i think you did great too, especially for your first carved cake. They are not easy!!

Keep on cakin'!!

venefica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
venefica Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 10:44pm
post #7 of 8

You did a great job on that cake! I love cake therapy!!!

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 11:55pm
post #8 of 8

Fantastic! So glad that you had a chance to find some release from your stress, and made a fab cake in the process!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%