Father's Day/bar-B-Q Cookout Cake Question.

Decorating By baka4lyfe20 Updated 10 Jun 2008 , 8:24pm by baka4lyfe20

baka4lyfe20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baka4lyfe20 Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 2:40am
post #1 of 5

Heyy guys!
I'm thinking of making the Father's Day/Grill Cake (from the website) for this weekend (with a friend-should be fun!)

Anyways...
For some reason I'm having trouble with a part of it which is probably really obvious.

It is:

"Make hamburgers and hot dogs out of candy clay. Indent and paint grate marks on hot dogs. Use a cut bag to flow thinned royal icing cheese over hamburgers. With leftover candy clay, make a 1 in. wide rim piece, the circumference of top."

What do they mean by make a 1 in wide rim piece, the circumference of top? Is it the grill or the burger? I'm kinda lost lol icon_confused.gif

So since you guys are always so cool and supportive, could you help me? Thanks!

4 replies
Shola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shola Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 3:38am
post #2 of 5

Yeah it's not very clear! But I'd say it's defo the rim of the BBQ itself, so you've got an edge to it, also I always thought the cheese was made of fondant, doing it in flowing RI sounds a bit tricky, not to mention the potential for a very messy cheesy BBQ! icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

baka4lyfe20 Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 9:48pm
post #3 of 5

Ya, I kinda thought of that last night. Thanks anyways though! Do you think I should make the cheese out of fondant?

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 12:18am
post #4 of 5

I made a grill cake for my son's 11th birthday a few weeks ago and made it all out of fondant. That way the kiddos could chomp on it if they wanted and not break a tooth if they were made out of gumpaste. icon_smile.gif

baka4lyfe20 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 8:24pm
post #5 of 5

Any other opinions?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%