A Thank You To My Cc Friends And A Pricing Question?

Decorating By Molly2 Updated 10 Jun 2008 , 2:51am by Michelle104

Molly2 Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 1:40am
post #1 of 6

First of all I just want to thank poshcakedesigns and sugarlaced for instruction on the boots I couldnât find a pattern but I wing the shape I really enjoyed making this cake and the little boy really liked it Thank You for all your Help. My next question is. How much would you charge for this cake I gave it as a gift? Please look in my Pictures its the cake with the 3D cowboy boots on top

5 replies
Molly2 Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 3:15am
post #2 of 6

I couldn't get the picture to attach to my post

Michelle104 Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 3:21am
post #3 of 6

Molly! You did a great job!! Such detail!! And as far as price, it depends on where you are but I would definitely charge AT LEAST $2.50 a serving.

Molly2 Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 3:21am
post #4 of 6
Molly2 Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 3:26am
post #5 of 6

Someone asked me that question I make cakes and give them as gifts I always hear that a cake is charged per serving but I didn't know if the sugar clay work would be add to the 2.50 per serving are if it was added all together I hope that makes since as to what I'm asking.

Thank You for responding thumbs_up.gif

Michelle104 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 2:51am
post #6 of 6

HI Molly! Sorry it took me awhile to respond.... icon_redface.gif Sorry!

When I do carved or 3D cakes the pricing starts at 2.50....then you can go from there as far as what you use as in gumpaste or fondant or whatever. If you have heavy detail then I think you could charge at LEAST another $15 per layer. The whole sugar clay thing is definitely not easy and takes your time. Not to mention the cost of the product for you. HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%