Idea Needed For Neighborhood Picnic

Decorating By tiggy2 Updated 10 Jun 2008 , 4:05pm by tiggy2

tiggy2 Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 5

The neighborhood we are moving into is having a picnic next Saturday and I'd like to take a cake but I have no ideas. The subdivision is Sun Crest is that helps. Thanks for any input.

4 replies
tonimarie Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 11:06pm
post #2 of 5

When I read the word picnic I automatically thought of red/white checkered table cloth with ants; picnic basket, etc. I was thinking a sheet cake with a fondant blanket in the middle with buttercream grass all around it and picnic "stuff" made out of fondant on the blanket. Good luck icon_biggrin.gif

raquel1 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 4:58am
post #3 of 5

Or if you want to make simple but striking, the basket weave with RI or BC flowers is always beatiful for a pic nic icon_smile.gif

nikki72905 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 5:17am
post #4 of 5

you could do two 8 or 10 inch rounds stacked and torted

you could make a sun "rise" scene (you could do this a number of ways ... )

1. make a sun out of fondant and place it on top of the cake (a half sun) the sides and bottom of the cake make amber tones towards the top and grass towars the bottom

2. make the whole scene on the sides of the cake and then on the top of the cake put SUN CREST Development

tiggy2 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 4:05pm
post #5 of 5

Since CC was down and I couldn't get on to check replies I decided to go with a "hamburger cake". I have the cake baked and in the freezer and will start on the fondant pickles, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. today or tomorrow. I picked up a red checkered plastic tablecloth at the dollar store that I will cover the cake board with. Thanks for the replies!

Quote by @%username% on %date%