How Do I Present Cake Balls For A Wedding?

Decorating By imartsy Updated 10 Jun 2008 , 12:09am by imartsy

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 5:49pm
post #1 of 5

I'm making a groom's cake and both layers rose pretty high and I ended up cutting a lot off. I'd like to just make cakeballs with it and present it along with the cake.... but I'm not sure how to present it. I really don't want to put them in wrappers on a cakeboard.... I've already spent a lot of money putting this cake together... so anyone have any other ideas? Should I just give them some tupperware or something??

Oh and unfortunately, they don't fit around the cake... and the cake looks like a beach...... just can't figure out how to give them cakeballs....

4 replies
TooMuchCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TooMuchCake Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 10:28pm
post #2 of 5

Can you find an inexpensive (but still nice looking) platter or plate to make a pyramid of cake truffles on? At the Dollar Tree near me, they sell silver-look platters in three different shapes that I put a doily on to present decorated cookies. To help make the truffles match the cake, how about molding some chocolate sea shells to put in amongst the cake truffles?

Or, maybe you can use toothpicks and a styrofoam cone to make a truffle tree?

Deanna

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 2:20am
post #3 of 5

Yes, I was thinking you should do a topiary like some do with strawberries. I would love to see a picture of a truffle tree!

johnson6ofus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
johnson6ofus Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 4:31am
post #4 of 5

i have played with the foam/ floral foam stuff--- fun to carve up. Make any "matching theme" shape, and use it are your "tree". In other words, it doesn't have to be a tree shape, and you can cover with the cake balls on toothpicks. Just don't use the soft foam (made to hold water), but rather the stiffer stuff...

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 12:09am
post #5 of 5

Ooh good ideas! Unfortunately cakecentral was crashing that day and I never got your messages... and they didn't really put out the cakeballs... they fell over in the box in the car... but they were still in the box.... so they were still good - I'm not sure what happened to them. I just e-mailed the bride (a friend) and told her about them... so we'll see.

But great ideas for next time!! THANK YOU!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%