Bbq Themed Father's Day Cake Made With Cupcakes?

Decorating By FeGe_Cakes Updated 11 Jun 2008 , 7:38pm by justgale

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 5

I need some ideas for a possible cupcake cake with a BBQ theme. The dad only likes lemon cake with lemon frosting so I did not want to do the grill cake with the black icing. He really enjoys both the cake and icing so I did not want to alter the flavor with bitter icing.

I was think of a cupcake cake with maybe bbq accesories made from fondant (e.g. apron, spatula, fork, etc). But what I am stumped on is the background color. At first I thought grass, but you wouldn't see bbq tools on the grass.

So any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

4 replies
tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 3:46am
post #2 of 5

How about making the background look like a table cloth? Maybe the standard red and white check.

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 3:53am
post #3 of 5

I was going to suggest the same thing, a red and white checkered table cloth like the kind used for picnic tables. Sounds like an adorable ccc, please post pics when you are finished! Good luck!

FeGe_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FeGe_Cakes Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 4:50pm
post #4 of 5

Really Great idea.

Thank you tastyart & steffla .

justgale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justgale Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 7:38pm
post #5 of 5

I like the idea of the tools on the red and white tablecloth, but if you wanted to do a grill you don't have to use the black iceing. I did mine with a yellow/orange swri. I even think they were lemon cc since that is one of my favorites too. http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1225254
Don't forget to post whater you decide to do. I'd like to see your results.
Sherri

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%