Bbq Themed Father's Day Cake Made With Cupcakes?

Decorating By FeGe_Cakes Updated 11 Jun 2008 , 7:38pm by justgale

FeGe_Cakes Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 5

I need some ideas for a possible cupcake cake with a BBQ theme. The dad only likes lemon cake with lemon frosting so I did not want to do the grill cake with the black icing. He really enjoys both the cake and icing so I did not want to alter the flavor with bitter icing.

I was think of a cupcake cake with maybe bbq accesories made from fondant (e.g. apron, spatula, fork, etc). But what I am stumped on is the background color. At first I thought grass, but you wouldn't see bbq tools on the grass.

So any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

4 replies
tastyart Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 3:46am
post #2 of 5

How about making the background look like a table cloth? Maybe the standard red and white check.

steffla Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 3:53am
post #3 of 5

I was going to suggest the same thing, a red and white checkered table cloth like the kind used for picnic tables. Sounds like an adorable ccc, please post pics when you are finished! Good luck!

FeGe_Cakes Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 4:50pm
post #4 of 5

Really Great idea.

Thank you tastyart & steffla .

justgale Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 7:38pm
post #5 of 5

I like the idea of the tools on the red and white tablecloth, but if you wanted to do a grill you don't have to use the black iceing. I did mine with a yellow/orange swri. I even think they were lemon cc since that is one of my favorites too.
Don't forget to post whater you decide to do. I'd like to see your results.

Quote by @%username% on %date%