Masquerade! Paper Faces On Parade.

Decorating By pandora_zephyr Updated 21 Jun 2008 , 2:08am by 2txmedics

pandora_zephyr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pandora_zephyr Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 4:23am
post #1 of 3

Looking for ideas for a masquerade themed cake. It CANNOT be fondant. =( Not too great with it. It's for my sweet sixteen. The color of the cake can be whatever, I just need suggestions badly.

2 replies
aztomcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aztomcat Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 5:26am
post #2 of 3

YOu could create masks of icing all over the cake. I saw some Mardi Gras cookies on this website made from an upside down heart cookie cutter. If you wanted the masks to stand up....you could bake them onto skewers or popsicle sticks.

good Luck.

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 2:08am
post #3 of 3

You sound like me...fondant and I dont get along at all....I have a Sweet 16 coming up in Nov...and she wants a tiered cake like a wedding cake...but done in Mardi Gras....

I did a search in here and found a few...Im making out of b/c and then Im shopping for those colorful plastic masks, maybe even some with bright colored feathers if not I can add those also...and coins and beads...was thinking: Tier the cake...put 3 masks coming out of the top on sticks (decorated of course)...or even a jokers hat and then add a smaller different mask on the side..with coins and a few beads, not over powering with stuff...and bordering it with very colorful mardi gras colors, tri color

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%