Teddy Bears And.....

Decorating By mickmack210 Updated 9 Jun 2008 , 1:54pm by emrldsky

mickmack210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mickmack210 Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 3:53am
post #1 of 4

So, I'm making a cake for my friend who's turning 21. When I asked her what kind of cake she wanted and told her I could do just about anything under the sun, she asked if I had a teddy bear pan. I know I have one, but it might be in storage. She was like, well if you have one, do me a teddy bear cake and if you don't have one, just do a round cake with flowers and "make it pretty."
Well, I don't have the teddy bear cake. So I'm trying to decide what kind of cake to do for her. I can't find my 9x13 pan (I know.. unorganized much?) so I can't just bake one and carve a teddy bear out. I was thinking of making a 9-inch round and decorating with teddy bears made out of modeling chocolate. The cake itself is a tequila sunrise cake. Orange cake, cherry filling, tequila frosting. I thought about having the teddy bears making mixed drinks or something.. lol Or MAYBE I could go with teddy bears AND flowers, but I just don't know if they mix. Or should I just leave the teddy bears out and go with the flowers?
Any ideas? Pictures?
Thanks!

3 replies
Sarsi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarsi Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 6:26am
post #2 of 4

I think you can mix the teddies with flowers. Probably not BIG flowers like roses, but what if you just did small flowers from gumpaste...even buttercream if you didn't want to do gumpaste... make the teddies look like their sitting in bunches of flowers...have some teddies holding some flowers...etc..

bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 9:59am
post #3 of 4

Hi. I actualy like teddy bears mixing tequila. If you can make few teddies, you can make two sitting down and having a drink, and another one/two making drinks. If you can make a little table and put few bottles and glasses ( made of gumpaste) on the table. Make the cake as a garden with few flowers. So its all combined together.

HTH. icon_smile.gif

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 1:54pm
post #4 of 4

Can you make big daisies or something to look like giant beach umbrellas over the Teddy Bears? That way you're incorporating the sunrise/Teddy Bears/flowers idea all in one. *shrug*

Or I'm just a nut case, lol. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%