Need Picture And Instruction On A T-Shirt Cake...

Decorating By cocobean Updated 10 Jun 2008 , 7:42am by drgaddy

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 4

I thought I'd do a t-shirt cake for my son. Got everything out and started mixing the batter. Looked at my 9x13 pan a just realized it might be harded than I thought. Anyone have a picture of a t-shirt cake??? icon_confused.gif

3 replies
nia0524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nia0524 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 3:29am
post #2 of 4

Wilton used to make a pan for this...but it's not that hard. Just look for a picture of a tee shirt online (google it). and draw out a sketch so that you'll know how to cut the cake. A tee shirt is very easy...use a ruler when you cut...it may be helpful to use wax paper or parchment paper to make a template of check out the templates on this site.

I hope this helps.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 7:03am
post #3 of 4

I have the tshirt pan, but made the Transformer one in my photos with a 9x13. I cut off about a 4" strip off the top, to make the sleeves. Maybe that will help a little.

Edited to add. I just went and looked at the cake photo, and realize I must have made two 9x13's in order to have sections for the sleeves, and then I cut that 9x4 (or maybe 5") piece in half at an angle for the sleeves.

I probably ate the other part of the cake myself, it was chocolate icon_lol.gif

drgaddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drgaddy Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 7:42am
post #4 of 4

Here is the link to the t-shirt cake I made. It is in my gallery. I just baked two 9x13 and cut the sleeves out of the second one, and covered everything in fondant. Had some leftovers...yummy...for cake balls...HTH

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1196416

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%