Help I Messed Up The Dummy Cake

Decorating By jenstastycakes Updated 8 Jun 2008 , 12:20am by KoryAK

jenstastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenstastycakes Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 11:17am
post #1 of 5

I have a wedding today and realized when it was to late that I had done the bride's dummy cake in round shape instead of a hexagon shape. The wedding is tonght at 6:30 and I have no where to get hexagon shaped dummies in time. The bride is also having kitchen cakes which were made exactly to the bride's specifications.

Do I give the bride a full refund on the dummy cake and just charge for the kitchen cakes. I feel that this is what is right since I messed up on the shape. What would you do?

4 replies
leepat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leepat Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 2:15pm
post #2 of 5

Talk to the bride first and get a feel for how she responds to it. If she is not screaming mad offer her a discount. I really don't think I would give it to her for free unless she is screaming mad.

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 6:13pm
post #3 of 5

Not free, just a discount. Was she pretty adamant about the hexagon, or was it something she chose lightly?

jenstastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenstastycakes Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 5

It was something she chose lightly. The picture she gave me was a picture with a square cake and we looked at different photos and she chose the hexagon.

I feel so dumb and just want to cry. I can not belive I made this kind of mistake. I just pray she is not screaming mad when I drop of the cake tonight. icon_eek.gif

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 8 Jun 2008 , 12:20am
post #5 of 5

Hon, I bet it won't register for a week. I would maybe not even bring it up until she does.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%