Color Flow Help Needed Urgently...

Decorating By briannastreats Updated 7 Jun 2008 , 11:12am by briannastreats

briannastreats  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briannastreats Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 4:40am
post #1 of 9

Is there any way to get color flow pieces to dry overnight? I waited until the last minute to make spongebob arms and legs, and need them for tomorrow at 2...or does anyone have another suggestion for what I could do???

TIA

8 replies
 JoAnnB  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 5:05am
post #2 of 9

You can put them under a warm light, or in front of a fan, either one might help.

miny  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 5:21am
post #3 of 9

If they don't dry you can try chocolate, if you put it in the refrigerator they're done in minutes

charlieinMO  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 5:38am
post #4 of 9

Depending how thick they are you should be fine. I have started laying mine on a cooling rack so the air can circulate underneath it. (Not sure if this helps or not but it makes me feel better lol) Good luck.

KrisD13  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrisD13 Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 5:57am
post #5 of 9

Just be careful. Any light that you put royal icing, or colorflo under, will bleach the color out in a matter of hours. I had that happen. And there have been other posts about this, too.

AZCakeGirl  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCakeGirl Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 6:07am
post #6 of 9

If it doesn't work & you are in a desperate situation tomorrow, you could roll out some gumpaste & cut them arms & legs from that.

briannastreats Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 11:12am
post #7 of 9

Thank you so much everyone for your suggestions! I have it under a light right now, but I may switch to chocolate if I absolutely need to. (I think I have the right/similar colors).

Thanks again!!!

post #8 of 9

Thank you so much everyone for your suggestions! I have it under a light right now, but I may switch to chocolate if I absolutely need to. (I think I have the right/similar colors).

Thanks again!!!

post #9 of 9

Thanks again!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%