How would you make a cake with condensed milk? And how would that cake taste? Can you mix the milk into the batter??
I dunno...I've never thought about doing that...it would be interesting to find out though.
Coconut-Condensed Milk Cake
Recipe #9168 | 30 min | 10 min prep | SERVES 12 -14 , 1 oblong cake
RECIPE BY: Mona
* 1 (18 ounce) package white cake mix
* 3 egg (or as called for by your cake mix)
* 1 1/4 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
* 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
* 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
* 1 cup cream of coconut
* 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
* 1 cup flaked coconut
* 1/2-3/4 cup chopped pecan
1. Mix white cake and bake in 9" x 13" pan according to directions.
2. When done, punch holes all over cake with wooden dowel.
3. Pour condensed milk& coconut cream over cake while still warm.
4. Allow to cool a little and spread with Cool Whip topping.
5. Sprinkle with coconut and pecans.
6. Ready to serve.
7. Refrigerate uneaten portion.
Thanks so much for the recipe! Sounds delicious!!
But can you mix condensed milk into the batter and bake? if so, what affect does condensed milk make on the cake??
you wanna try it and let us know?
I haven't done this either, but I would think you would have to be very careful with the recipe. Since condensed milk is very thick and sweet, the flavor and texture would be effected if you tried to tweak your regular cake recipe. Most of the recipes I've found calls for pouring it over an already baked cake, except for this one for condensed milk pound cake:
My mom used to make that coconut cake for me all the time. It is delicious! Makes me want to make one now...
Well, I had surgery on Friday and have been home since..pretty much not doing anything. And it doesn't help that I was getting cravings for something sweet, so I decided to give it a try.
I opened the French Vanilla cake mix, added 1 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup oil, 3 eggs, and 1/2 cup of condensed milk. WOW! The cake was amazing- so moist!!!
Then for chocolate butter cream:
Put some regular pre-maid vanilla BC in mixer, 1/3 cup chocolate milk, and 1 1/3 cup melted Ghirardelli chocolate and mixed. SOOOOO GOOOD!
I'm not too fond of poking holes in the cake and pouring it over- too messy. But mixing it into the batter worked fine