Just Had My First Tasting, More Nervous Now Than Ever!!

Decorating By yummymummy Updated 9 Jun 2008 , 2:41am by loriana

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 11:36pm
post #1 of 7

Well, I just came back from my first ever tasting and it went really well. They all complimented how moist my cakes were and chose 2 of the 3 flavors I brought for their wedding cake. I even left with a check for more than I required for the deposit on the cake! thumbs_up.gif BUT....

Now I'm more nervous than ever! icon_confused.gif It's weird. Is this normal? I feel like I'm in deep water and getting tired of treading. For my first wedding, it's a fairly simple design w/ fresh flowers and 10", 8" , 6" square stacked w/ 2 kitchen cakes. What is up with me? Would somebody please smack me really good to get me out of this funk? icon_cry.gif

6 replies
hollyw567 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyw567 Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 11:52pm
post #2 of 7

Don't worry, you're completely normal. The anticipation is the worst part. Once it's over, you'll be addicted and won't be able to wait until you do another wedding cake. I have only done two actual wedding cakes, but this summer, I have two weddings (June 21) and also a birthday party and smash cake on the same day. Then another wedding and groom's cake on the 28th.

You will do great. It is good to start small with your 10, 8, and 6, build confidence, then go larger. Good luck with everything!

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 11:53pm
post #3 of 7

Come here! Whack!!! Is that better? Ofcourse your nervous! You wouldnt be human if you werent! I was nervous on my first wedding cake also! Just relax. Take a deep breath.... and exhale! Now, you feel better? Or you want another smack!!! just kidding. So the weird thing, I was just going to email you and saw the post! What flavors did they end up going with? And, did the chocolate fairy sneak into the fridge last nigh??? icon_smile.gif

weirkd Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 12:12am
post #4 of 7

Wow, after reading what I just wrote I sound bitchy! Sorry! I didnt mean it to sound that way. I was just joking!! Your an excellent baker and you will do fine! I have confidence in you! Ive seen what you can do and your in the right place! If I didnt think so, you know me, I would tell you!!

weirkd Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 12:12am
post #5 of 7

Wow, after reading what I just wrote I sound bitchy! Sorry! I didnt mean it to sound that way. I was just joking!! Your an excellent baker and you will do fine! I have confidence in you! Ive seen what you can do and your in the right place! If I didnt think so, you know me, I would tell you!!

yummymummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummymummy Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 1:09am
post #6 of 7

Thanks! I feel better now that I've been able to sit and have a bite to eat. I've been running around crazy all day, so I think some of it is just because I'm tired. I really need some zzzz's!

You didn't sound 'itchy Kim! I would expect nothing less! ...and the choc fairy raided my fridge...but w/ caution! icon_wink.gif

loriana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriana Posted 9 Jun 2008 , 2:41am
post #7 of 7

Hey! Just a boost for your confidence hopefully! Your profile shows some gorgeous work! You have a great eye for style and color. I am 150% sure you will do a great job on your first wedding cake. The biggest complaint brides have (they say) is having a moist cake. (Just read the thread about the big letdown on Charm City Cakes). If you passed that hurdle, you are on the easy way down the hill icon_smile.gif

So.. you make delicious moist cakes. You have great style, color and technique, and they are looking forward to your cake. You will do GREAT!!!! Congrats on your first wedding cake and good luck icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%