Marble Cake Help Needed!!!! Today!!

Decorating By step0nmi Updated 6 Jun 2008 , 7:46pm by step0nmi

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 6:36pm
post #1 of 9

OMG! I can't believe what just happened!!!! I haven't made this marble cake in a while...so I completely forgot!

I used the recipe out the the Cake mix dr. book where you just melt some chocolate with milk and water, and then drag it through your batter...BUT! It didn't go all the way through the cake!!!! How come when I dragged it didn't get marbled?? so...all the marbling is sitting at the dome where I am cutting off the cake!!! why did this happen!!! icon_cry.gif
I did this cake before and I don't remembering it doing that...I've just wasted a couple hours of baking now..and I have to REDO all of my cake! I have some batter made that was ready to go and do the last layer of the larger cake...WHAT CAN i DO!? I NEED TO BAKE TODAY!!! NOW!!!

please? thank you in advance for the help!
Stephanie

8 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 9

I you are just adding chocolate, it can harden before it gets mixed. Take Some of the batter and blend in the chocolate, then distribute the chocolate batter around the remaining cake. You can stir from this point for the marbeling.

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 9

divide you batter and add 2 tbls unsweetened cocoa to your one bowl....mix and then dollop on top of your batter you have placed in cake pans and swirl with a knife...Pat

step0nmi Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 7:29pm
post #4 of 9

well...that's what the recipe gives! I don't know if it hardens...maybe that IS why it stayed on top!? I know that chocolate batter is heavier...hmmm...I think I am just going to make a chocolate cake mix...or mix cocoa into the yellow cake.

Thanks for the help!

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 7:31pm
post #5 of 9

cocoa into yellow cake will work terrific.

step0nmi Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 7:34pm
post #6 of 9

ok....so how much batter am I suppose to use?? I mean...like if it's a little 6" cake and I only use 2 cups of batter?

I have never been good at the marble cake...I am so upset I messed this up! icon_sad.gif

thanks again!

oh! how much cocoa do I add to the yellow mix too? lol

Valli_War Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valli_War Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 7:38pm
post #7 of 9

I have a cake mix doctor book. It says to put half the batter in the pan, then pour couple of tbs of chocolate syrup or (batter mixed with cocoa) then pour the rest of the batter and put a knife through the batter and move in swirls. I have done this and it works great.

Hope this helps, good luck,

Edibleart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edibleart Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 7:41pm
post #8 of 9

I have found that if I fill a large piping bag with the chocolate/chocolate batter, and pipe it in the yellow batter half way submerged, it makes a nicer marble throughout the cake.

Edited to add: I still used a knife or spatula to swirl the batter after I have piped it in the yellow.

step0nmi Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 7:46pm
post #9 of 9

Valli_War...you are right...I just read that...I dunno why I didn't do that...

Edibleart...that sounds like a wonderful idea

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! All of you!

I have this love/hate relationship with CC right now...but I am soo grateful for all of your help! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%