Two Questions

Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 6 Jun 2008 , 7:37pm by mindywith3boys

TheCakerator Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 4

One, I have a wedding cake due tomorrow, the bride is leaving the cake topper at the hall. What do I do with it? I know it goes on the top of the cake, but do you sit it on anything? Or do you just put it in the icing? Also, theres going to be satin ribbon for me to put on the cake most people have said to iron wax paper onto the ribbon to stop the greasy effect. Do you mean wax paper that you buy in the kitchen aisle, or is there a different wax paper that everyone is using? Does the wax paper stick to the ribbon, is that what ironing does? Or does it just feel like the wax glued itself to the ribbon? I am utterly confused more and more by the minute!

3 replies
mindywith3boys Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 4

The wax just coats the ribbon. It is just regular wax paper. Just fold it in half with the ribbon in between (making sure you have the right sides of the wax paper facing each other) I would also place a piece of fabric over the whole thing, just to make sure you don't melt anything on your iron.

I would try to find out what kind of topper you are going to face. Just to be prepared. Sometimes they are very light picks. The Letters for example. They're just like cupcake picks. You just sink them in. If it turns out to be really heavy you may need to add support. I really would ask what it looks like, and how heavy it is.

TheCakerator Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 5:11pm
post #3 of 4

thanks mindy, the cake topper is a tall statue looking thing of a man and a woman dancing? I saw it before but that's all I really remember ... it is tall though

mindywith3boys Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 7:37pm
post #4 of 4

Here is my suggestion if it turns out to be a little heavy

That's what I would do.

Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%