In Search Of Basketweave Photo???

Decorating By alicia_froedge Updated 6 Jun 2008 , 8:42pm by alicia_froedge

alicia_froedge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicia_froedge Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 2:16pm
post #1 of 8

I'm trying to find a photo of a cake that is basketweave. Done with the flower formers and royal icing. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?? I've tried to do searches but I can't seem to find it. I originally saw it in one of my cake decorating books.

7 replies
ccr03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccr03 Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 2:19pm
post #2 of 8

Try the "Classes" gallery. I think you are talking about the one from the second WIlton class.

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 2:19pm
post #3 of 8

Wilton course II final cake. icon_smile.gif If you go to the gallery and look at the Cake Classes photos, I'm sure you'll find a lot of those cakes. Good luck!!

alicia_froedge Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 8

I don't think that was what I meant. You make the weaves on an upside down flower former. Let them sit over night than you push the indiviual weaves into the cake. HMM???

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 8

No no, you pipe the basket weave right onto the cake. Here are Wilton's instructions: http://www.wilton.com/decorating/basic/basketweave.cfm

alicia_froedge Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 6:14pm
post #6 of 8

Nope. I think there is a picture of it in the Wilton Tiered Cakes book or the Wedding Book. The weaves actually stick out from the cake. Not directly on the cake.

missmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmeg Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 8:39pm
post #7 of 8

I know what you're talking about.

Using flower formers, pipe royal icing bands across and let dry. Then press into cake sides covered in bc.

There is a pic in one of Wilton's Bridal / Wedding cake books. I forget which one though.

alicia_froedge Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 8:42pm
post #8 of 8

Ha! I was hoping there was one on here but I can't seem to find one anywhere. I'm wanting to do it for a fair cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%