In Search Of Basketweave Photo???

Decorating By alicia_froedge Updated 6 Jun 2008 , 8:42pm by alicia_froedge

alicia_froedge Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 2:16pm
post #1 of 8

I'm trying to find a photo of a cake that is basketweave. Done with the flower formers and royal icing. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?? I've tried to do searches but I can't seem to find it. I originally saw it in one of my cake decorating books.

7 replies
ccr03 Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 2:19pm
post #2 of 8

Try the "Classes" gallery. I think you are talking about the one from the second WIlton class.

emrldsky Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 2:19pm
post #3 of 8

Wilton course II final cake. icon_smile.gif If you go to the gallery and look at the Cake Classes photos, I'm sure you'll find a lot of those cakes. Good luck!!

alicia_froedge Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 5:21pm
post #4 of 8

I don't think that was what I meant. You make the weaves on an upside down flower former. Let them sit over night than you push the indiviual weaves into the cake. HMM???

emrldsky Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 8

No no, you pipe the basket weave right onto the cake. Here are Wilton's instructions: http://www.wilton.com/decorating/basic/basketweave.cfm

alicia_froedge Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 6:14pm
post #6 of 8

Nope. I think there is a picture of it in the Wilton Tiered Cakes book or the Wedding Book. The weaves actually stick out from the cake. Not directly on the cake.

missmeg Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 8:39pm
post #7 of 8

I know what you're talking about.

Using flower formers, pipe royal icing bands across and let dry. Then press into cake sides covered in bc.

There is a pic in one of Wilton's Bridal / Wedding cake books. I forget which one though.

alicia_froedge Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 8:42pm
post #8 of 8

Ha! I was hoping there was one on here but I can't seem to find one anywhere. I'm wanting to do it for a fair cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%