Need Help With Hatbox Design

Decorating By mija10417 Updated 6 Jun 2008 , 2:23pm by snowshoe1

mija10417 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mija10417 Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 1:49am
post #1 of 4

Hi All!

I'm making a three tier hatbox cake and I'm really stumped with the design on one of the tiers. I wanted to do Paris/chic but now that I look at it, it just looks cartoonish to me. Any ideas on how could I "glamour" it up?? I was thinking of doing some gold scroll work in the background but not sure....Any help would be so appreciated!
LL

3 replies
mija10417 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mija10417 Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 12:01pm
post #2 of 4

anyone?

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 2:17pm
post #3 of 4

I'm having trouble of thinking of something to add too. I don't think the scrollwork would look good, unless you've already done it-then I'm sure it looks great! icon_lol.gif How about different size spiral circular shapes that are made with dots instead of a continuous line? Does that make sense? Maybe someone else will know what to add. But your cake looks awesome so far. I love the cut outs.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 2:23pm
post #4 of 4

I don't think it looks 'cartoonish' - your cutouts are great. Maybe leave the black background as is and add some silver accents to you cutouts (e.g. details on the dress, ring, etc...). Also, maybe do minimal details on the lid. I think keeping it simple is the best to acheive the look you are going for - not sure if this helps. It looks terrific - looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%