Cake Prices

Decorating By Pumpkin2u Updated 7 Jun 2008 , 6:40pm by Pumpkin2u

Pumpkin2u Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 1:46am
post #1 of 6

Where do you come up with your per serving prices? I am new to this and I was basically going to charge for the cake as a whole not per slice. I made 2 pound cakes tonight and I was thinking if i sold them i would sell them between 8 and 10 dollars. Just wondering. icon_confused.gif

5 replies
kelleym Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 6

Welcome to CakeCentral! Setting prices is hard, my article here may answer some of your questions. icon_biggrin.gif

MikeRowesHunny Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 6

Some cakes you are better off charging for as a whole (the smaller cakes in particular), price dependant on ingredients and time it took you to do the cake. For larger cakes (40+ servings), then a per serving charge will work OK (and give you a bigger profit for the big cakes!). I have a minimum charge for all cakes ($60), and then I work from there. My party cake servings start at $2.75 per serving, wedding cakes start at $4.50. I charge extra for fondant, modelling and 3D work. Hope that helps!

plbennett_8 Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 3:10pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleym

Welcome to CakeCentral! Setting prices is hard, my article here may answer some of your questions. icon_biggrin.gif

The link is not working... Perhaps you could add it again?

kelleym Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 3:13pm
post #5 of 6

Ack! Fixed now...sorry, had a pregnant brain moment. icon_redface.gif

Pumpkin2u Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 6:40pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks you guys. you all are great here! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%