Ingredient Labels

Business By dshlent Updated 6 Jun 2008 , 7:42pm by dshlent

dshlent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dshlent Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 1:32am
post #1 of 8

I know you put the ingredients in order by quanity but when you are using a box mix do you just list the ingredient as they are listed on the box and then add the ingredients that you add to the mix???

7 replies
Boofycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Boofycakes Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 1:44am
post #2 of 8

I'm not sure I understand what you're doing this for, are you putting this together for a customer that is interested?

southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 1:53am
post #3 of 8

It can vary from state to state, but in NC, you would put something like INGREDIENTS: Base (list ingredients off cake box inside brackets), eggs, butter (list butter ingredients), etc. And yes, start with what is used the most and go down to the smallest ingredient amount. Here you also have to list an allergen notice. However, we only have to use ingredient labels on items that are sold "off the shelf."

Good luck!

dshlent Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 8

ALSO.... when I am putting the ingredients from my box mix on my label for my cakes do I have to put all the "stuff" that is in parenthesis too?? The ingredient list looks so long that I'm not going to get in all on a label???

southerncake Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 4:18pm
post #5 of 8

Yes -- everything. With something like a cake mix you typically have to use brackets and parentheses -- for example, [main ingredient (what's in the main ingredient), next main ingredient, etc.]. I typically use Arial font, because that shows up well really small!!

dshlent Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 4:34pm
post #6 of 8

Ok... thanks!!! Holy Cow it's a lot of ingredients!!!!!

southerncake Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 4:45pm
post #7 of 8

It is a lot!! Your eyes will cross trying to read them and type them all!

dshlent Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 7:42pm
post #8 of 8

Yeah... They are going cross eyed trying not to skip a line or retype the same line twice!!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%