Is She Crazy?

Business By andiesweet Updated 7 Jun 2008 , 6:17pm by GeminiRJ

andiesweet Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 12:21am
post #1 of 9

Ok so last week this lady called me, she was referred by a friend of mine, to see if i could do a wedding cake on a budget. Budget=cheap. she wanted a cake for 50 for less than $100. i was willing to do a simple cake for her only because the groom is leaving the day after the wedding to go back to Iraq, and I always try to help out the trrops anyway i can. So anyway, I haven't heard back from her since I sent her some pics and told her that the lowest i could possibly do a cake for is $90, and explained it woild be buttercream with a simple border and maybe some dots... no biggy.
Jump ahead to today ( 7pm to be exact.) She just emailed me that she would like to have the cake on Sat am. Mind you that I never heard from her again, I had no contract or even a verbal agreement with her to do the cake. I would like to be able to do it for her but now, I don't have time to do ti. I work full time at a local cake shop... and we are slammed this week. everybody knows how fridays are at cake shops... CRAZY on a good week.GRRRR

8 replies
Homemade-Goodies Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 12:33am
post #2 of 9

Y'snooze, y'lose....

It's a shame she waited too long, she can't really expect you to do it for Saturday NOW.

Offer to do a cake for her husband's discharge, homecoming, or their anniversary...but yeah, you can't fit that in, that's just crazy talk!!

Boofycakes Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 1:19am
post #3 of 9

She should know better, but most people dont realize the time it takes. Good luck to her finding someone else that will be able to meet her needs that cheap this soon!

kelleym Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 1:22am
post #4 of 9

You should get together with the gal from the Sure, I can pull a cake out of my... thread over in the General forum. icon_lol.gif

A wedding cake on 36 hours notice? Rrrrrrrriiiiiiight.

indydebi Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 1:35am
post #5 of 9

it's the 24/7 get-it-now walmart mentality. They walk into a store and the cakes are sitting there. so that MUST be how it is everywhere else, I guess.

summernoelle Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 1:42am
post #6 of 9

Ahh, yes, she is insane. I had this this week too. Didn't hear back from someone, and suddenly they write me back 5 weeks later about what they want.

Sorry, you're booked! Not your problem!

Auryn Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 3:06pm
post #7 of 9

my vote is for nut job

poshcakedesigns Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 8:00am
post #8 of 9

icon_confused.gif yea she's nuts....people never cease to amaze me.

GeminiRJ Posted 7 Jun 2008 , 6:17pm
post #9 of 9

I have known people who purposely wait until the last minute to order a cake because they think this will insure a "fresh" cake. Mostly, I agree with indydebi. They can get a cake within 5 minutes at Wal-Mart, and you can't whip one together in 36 hours? They think you're being the unreasonable one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%