Hubbies Arent Good Guinea Pigs...

Decorating By CNCS Updated 11 Jun 2008 , 6:17pm by marmalade1687

CNCS Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 10:34pm
post #1 of 13

today I tried a new recipe from the cake mix dr's cookbook.

Chocolate chocolate chip...cant remember the full name.

Anyway...I made a new icing.

Melted 2 sticks of butter, added 3/4 cup cocoa powder, placed 3/4 of a 2 lb bag of powdered sugar into the mixer bowl, added 5 oz. of milk and whipped away.

After covering the cake with frosting, chopped pecans and some chocolate chips...hubby decided he doesnt like new recipes and wont touch it.

Why are men creatures of habit???

I try new things and he wont even try it.

Bet if he takes it to work they will eat it.

12 replies
Doug Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 10:40pm
post #2 of 13

<----surrogate hubby.

BACK away from the cake..

it's MINE -- all MINE!!!!!

Thank you!

(song for him...

every party needs a pooper,
that's why we invited yooper
party pooper!!!)

CNCS Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 10:56pm
post #3 of 13

Yep such a kill joy.

Just trying out a new recipe...wanted feedback.

Nope not today.

wgoat5 Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 10:58pm
post #4 of 13

Did you try it?

Aliwis000 Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 11:08pm
post #5 of 13

Where are you...I would be happy to try it..and let him know how good it is!! lol

Tiababe Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 11:12pm
post #6 of 13

My hubby doesn't even LIKE cake!!! icon_eek.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 11:15pm
post #7 of 13

And Doug steps up to the (cake)plate again!

Just send that new recipe to my step-daughter's house. They're big time cake eaters, and my best critics.

They'd be the ones who will tell you it's great, and they'd also be the ones to tell you if it's not.

And her husband is my best taste-tester.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

EmilyGrace Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 11:16pm
post #8 of 13

My husband doesn't like cake either, only cupcakes apparently. He's horrible at trying new things. Last night I insisted he try a lime popsicle because he had decided they were gross without even trying it. Needless to say, all the lime popsicles are gone now. icon_rolleyes.gif

Texas_Rose Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 11:19pm
post #9 of 13

You can have my hubby, if you need a guinea pig.

He got up before me today and when I got up he said that the little debbie cakes I made were good but they were gone already and could I please make some more...they were my sister's birthday petit fours.

wgoat5 Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 11:26pm
post #10 of 13

Don't worry.. I kinda know how you feel.. I made a homemade applesauce cake so I could eat it (sugar problems) and asked him to take a bite...to see if it was good... he snarled up his lip like a kid taking castor oil.. this man eats oysters raw, rabbit, venison and tree rat (squirrel) UGHHH

big ole baby

CNCS Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 12:34am
post #11 of 13

The frosting is soooo good. It reminds me of fudge that didnt set.

Hersheys cocoa is the best to use. I'd use premuim cocoa if i had some. need to make an investment in some.

hallow3 Posted 10 Jun 2008 , 10:08pm
post #12 of 13

my husband is like "Mikey" he will try anything that is sweet. I guess that is why he is stuck to me too. LOL

marmalade1687 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 6:17pm
post #13 of 13

My hubby is always complaining that I don't make cake for him and the kids anymore - he would be more than happy to come over and sample your new recipe!! After my I have said goodbye to clients at the front door, I sometimes find my three loved ones standing over the leftovers from consultations in a mad, every-person for themselves feast...when I walk in, they all say, "What?? You never make US cake anymore...this is the only way we can get it!!" icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%