How Do I Get 2 Different Colors?

Decorating By thedessertdiva Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 10:29pm by thedessertdiva

thedessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 7

I would like to do cupcakes with a basic swirl frosting of two different colors. How in the heck do you do this? is it one decorator bag of color inside another, filled with the other color? Ugh...It probably isnt as hard as I am making it...but, dang it, its hard...lol

Help. Please.

Thank you.

thumbs_up.gif

6 replies
cdavis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdavis Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 7

I do it by striping the bag. You add one color along the edge of one side of the bag and then finish filling the bag with the other or more dominate color. I'm sure there are some videos on it out there somewhere.

MacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MacsMom Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 7

Try spreading half the bag, up one side, with one color and the other half with the other. You'll have to squeeze out a bit first until you see both colors swirl.

Another option is just to use white icing but paint the two colors on the inside of the piping.

thedessertdiva Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 9:51pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacsMom

Try spreading half the bag, up one side, with one color and the other half with the other. You'll have to squeeze out a bit first until you see both colors swirl.

see...I knew it didnt have to be THAT hard icon_wink.gif ...lol. Thanks. I think I am going to give it a go!

mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindywith3boys Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 10:04pm
post #5 of 7

There is a post on here about icing plugs. It's the best. Basically, you just take a couple of big spoonfuls of color #1, put it on some plastic wrap and roll it up with the icing down near one edge. Tie a knot in the other end. Do the same thing with color #2. Then just place them side by side in an icing bag and ice. The will both come out mixed. It also makes clean up easier.

I'll try to find the link.

mindywith3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thedessertdiva Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 10:29pm
post #7 of 7
Quote:

You ROCK!!!

Thak you...I thought I might have seen something once, but I never know if I have really seen it, or I just make things up in my head...lol.

icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%