Boxed Mix Cookies

Baking By playingwithsugar Updated 11 Jun 2008 , 3:33pm by lilacc01

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 11

I have a couple of boxed cake mixes I want to use up.

Has anyone ever made boxed mix cookies? How do they taste? Are they crispy or soft? Have you ever sold them, and for how much?

Also, what recipe do you use?

Thanks so much!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

10 replies
Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 7:51pm
post #2 of 11

I made some in Chef camp with the kids an they were wonderful!!

I have since tried, different recipes, and they haven't been as good. I have been trying to find the recipe we used. It seems like it was something like a mix, cream cheese, an maybe a egg?? icon_rolleyes.gif

I would love some recipes, I stink at baking real cookies and those were good! icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 11

I have read that these are really good, but have never tried them, as we are not normally cookie eaters.

I thought this would be a good way to use up some older cake mixes, instead of baking a cake which might not rise up so well anymore.

If you find that recipe, please share it with me?

Thanks -

Theresa icon_smile.gif

playingwithsugar Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 10:37pm
post #4 of 11

Anyone else have any advice or a recipe for me?

Thanks! -

Theresa icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 10:52pm
post #5 of 11

I make them all the time. Here's the basic recipe:

1 cake mix (18.5 oz)
2 eggs
1/2 cup shortening
1-3 Tbsp water

Mix all. Then add all kinds of variations...

Choc cake mix: Add peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, andes mint chips (these taste like girl scout mint thins!), roll the dough balls in powdered sugar before baking for "choc crackles", mini-m&m's, heath toffee bits.

When baking the chocolate cookies, take them out of the oven when they are just starting to get firm on the sides. The tops of the cookie will still looking really doughy, but they will set up fine. They are even better if you bake on parchment paper ... let them sit on the baking sheet on the parchment paper and they set up great.

White cake mix: choc chips, mini M&M's, heath toffee bits

playingwithsugar Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 10:55pm
post #6 of 11

Thanks, Debi!

I was looking to bake up something quick and easy, and gee, it can't get much easier than that!

Thanks again -

Theresa icon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 11:25pm
post #7 of 11

2 more options for the choc cake mix:

- Add some chopped marschino cherries; use cherry juice instead of water. When cookies cool, drizzle some white chocolate over the top. you now have "Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies".

- Walmart just started carrying carmel chips (like choc chips). Add these and some crushed pecans or walnuts to make Turtle Cookies. You can also drizzle some melted carmel over the top for that extra zip!

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 11:54pm
post #8 of 11

Thanks for the recipe Debi,they sound great!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 1:03am
post #9 of 11

Oh make the ones on the side of the DH dark chocolate cake mix!!! THEY ARE DIVINE!!!!!!!!!!

It's the cake mix, eggs, butter, brown sugar and nuts or no nuts whatever icon_smile.gif

LOVE THEM!!!

lilacc01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilacc01 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:29pm
post #10 of 11

I make funfetti cookies! They are yum! (I usually eat half the batter before I can get them on the pan icon_redface.gif )

lilacc01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilacc01 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:33pm
post #11 of 11

I make funfetti cookies! They are yum! (I usually eat half the batter before I can get them on the pan icon_redface.gif )

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%