What To Use For Support With This Cake

Decorating By CSMoore Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 8:35pm by leah_s

CSMoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CSMoore Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 5

I have this cake to do next month. Yes itâs a tall one. It looks like there are separator plates and column supporting the cake. However, I want your opinion on what would be the best support system. I normally use the push in pillars. Do you think I absolutely need to use the separator plates or should I be fine with the push in pillars with the cake board resting on the pillars? Or do you think I should reconsider the entire thing and use the tiered stand that has the piece cylinder pieces down the center of the entire cake? All opinions and advice are welcome

Thanks
LL

4 replies
oliveoyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oliveoyle Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 5

just my HO but I would use separator plates for sure .

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 5

Even though it very expensive and you would need a deposit from the bride I would use the stress free support system. It never fails. You could even call Arlene and she would help you.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 5

Separator plates or SPS for sure.

I can envision some little kid bashing into the cake table and collapsing the whole darn thing - not worth the risk.

If this is a paying customer, then you don't want them to come back and sue you for not providing sufficient support for such a tall cake. And in this litigious society, that's exactly what would happen.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 8:35pm
post #5 of 5

SPS can handle it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%