What To Use For Support With This Cake

Decorating By CSMoore Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 8:35pm by leah_s

CSMoore Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 5

I have this cake to do next month. Yes itâs a tall one. It looks like there are separator plates and column supporting the cake. However, I want your opinion on what would be the best support system. I normally use the push in pillars. Do you think I absolutely need to use the separator plates or should I be fine with the push in pillars with the cake board resting on the pillars? Or do you think I should reconsider the entire thing and use the tiered stand that has the piece cylinder pieces down the center of the entire cake? All opinions and advice are welcome

4 replies
oliveoyle Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 5

just my HO but I would use separator plates for sure .

fearlessbaker Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 5

Even though it very expensive and you would need a deposit from the bride I would use the stress free support system. It never fails. You could even call Arlene and she would help you.

playingwithsugar Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 5

Separator plates or SPS for sure.

I can envision some little kid bashing into the cake table and collapsing the whole darn thing - not worth the risk.

If this is a paying customer, then you don't want them to come back and sue you for not providing sufficient support for such a tall cake. And in this litigious society, that's exactly what would happen.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

leah_s Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 8:35pm
post #5 of 5

SPS can handle it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%