raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 12:32am
post #31 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanH

Think ctucker gave good advice. icon_smile.gif

Here's a contract thread for next time:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-24252.html

....And remember, experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted...

Good luck!

Janh gave this great link, I copied it! icon_biggrin.gif

lmluna02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmluna02 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:21am
post #32 of 36

Thank you so much for all your feed back, I really appreicate it. More than you will EVER know. I took some advice and just wrote a friendly little note expressing that on that day everything will be so hectic and so on. blah, blah...ect., and she wrote me right back and said no problem that she would pay me right away, that she agrees completely with it being so crazy and the last thing she wants to worry about is paying people. so THANK YOU to all you. I have really learned my lesson, CONTRACT<< DEPOSIT>>>>> NO MONEY ( CASH) NO CAKE!!!!!!!!
Thanks agian thumbs_up.gif [/b] thumbs_up.gif

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:49am
post #33 of 36

Good for you, standing up for yourself! And I'm glad the Bride was so nice about it!

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:23am
post #34 of 36

I am really glad the bride agreed. Good for you.

Good Luck with your cake.

lutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lutie Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 3:39am
post #35 of 36

I have always been under the impression that a transaction for $500 and over must be in writing to be enforceable. An agreement without consideration is not a contract, according to contract law. (I taught it at an earlier time in my life). I do not know how much you are charging for the wedding cake, but she is under no obligation to use you for her cake provider if you have not put it in writing. Now, some circumstances are such that we think we do not need one... from experience, you do need it in writing.

raquel1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raquel1 Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 5:04pm
post #36 of 36

I'm so glad everything worked out good! I've been kinda holding my breath on this one, I've been there, done that, don't want the t-shirt I got... So this is me happy for you icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%