Cookie Order Disaster Almost Cried

Decorating By cvigil Updated 11 Jun 2008 , 2:50am by cvigil

cvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvigil Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 4:55pm
post #1 of 7

Ok, I had an order from a local charity for some cookies. She wanted 25 dozen artist pallets. I said no problem. She said the cutter was about 3 inches and she would send me a pic of what she wanted along with the $ in advance.Now stupid me said that all she had to pay for was the ingredients and I would donate the labor. I got the cutter 6 INCHES! Huge!
I had to add on to the price, called and she was fine with it. I waited for the $ and waited. She said the request for was still in the works. I started on them two days before because I was running out of time. What a mess!
I ended up calling some of my family in to help, showed them exactly what to do. It seemed too much icing was used and it dripped everywhere. Couldn't tell what the designs were. On top of all that I was 1 dozen short because a whole tray was burned. I was up until 7:00 in the morning trying to fix it. She said it was ok and she seemed perfectly happy with them. But I hated them. Didn't even get a picture because I was so ashamed of them.

6 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 7

oh you poor thing.....I just HATE nights like those and believe me I've had them!!!!!!! So you don't have ANY photos??????

cvigil Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 7

None I was really excited about this one too. Oh well. She hasn't said anything yet about all of the drippy icing. I fixed it as well as I could. I really just wanted to forget the whole thing.

brnrlvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brnrlvr Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 11:28pm
post #4 of 7

Did you get the money?!

cvigil Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 1:14am
post #5 of 7

Yes I did finally get the money. I'm very thankful for that.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:14am
post #6 of 7

But paint can look drippy, so maybe it kind of blended in with the whole art look?...

cvigil Posted 11 Jun 2008 , 2:50am
post #7 of 7

That's what I was hoping

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%