Question About Wasc

Decorating By q2wheels Updated 5 Jun 2008 , 4:15pm by q2wheels

q2wheels Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 3:36pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all,

I am finally going to try it and wanted to know if I can use yellow mix and whole eggs?

TIA,

Toni Ann

4 replies
MandiSunshine Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 3:45pm
post #2 of 5

HI!
I have used yellow cake mix, I used half whole eggs & half whites and it was super yummy. icon_biggrin.gif

namaman Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 4:03pm
post #3 of 5

I have always used white mix, but I also used the whole eggs too. Never a problem and everyone always loves it.

marccrand Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 5

I've used white, chocolate, strawberry, lemon, red velvet - whatever flavor I'm looking for. Really WASC is just an extender for your mix. It adds volume, richness and density to whatever mix you use. You may not want to use almond flavoring with some of those other mixes. Just use all vanilla or whatever flavor you're using to heighten the taste. Or you can use different flavorings to change taste. I add orange or coconut to a white mix and then flavor the icings to coordinate. Experiment away!

I always use whole eggs, not so much waste. You only need to use whites if you want a truly white cake (or watching cholesterol). To make up the liquid difference, I use 6 whole eggs vs. 8 egg whites.

q2wheels Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 4:15pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone...off to the kitchen to start baking!

Toni Ann

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%