11X15 Cake Q's

Decorating By VannaD Updated 6 Jun 2008 , 3:48pm by cupcakemkr

VannaD Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 1:15pm
post #1 of 7

Im making an 11x15 cake but i need to know how long do i bake it and on wht oven temp. I dont have a heating core so i need the time without tht factored in, also i need to know how many boxes, yes boxes icon_surprised.gif , of cake mix will it take. Thanks Guys!

6 replies
lakaty Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 7

I use two cake mixes(usually doctored - extra egg, package of pudding). I always cook mine at 325 with at least 1 upside-down flower nail in the middle of the pan as my heating core. I can't really remember how long exactly as I do a 'look and see' method of timing(is it golden brown, does the center bounce back slightly when touched).

lukiesmommy Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:14pm
post #3 of 7

I'm doing one tonight. 11x15, I use 3 mixes in it. i've had trouble withusing only 2. Also I have not used a core. I have good luck using flower nails on each -side-. I bake at 350 for about 45 min. Keep an eye on it at about 35.

have_your_cake Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 7

Go to articles, then the general section, then look for the baking and serving guide. It has all the info you need on every size cake.

VannaD Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 4:24pm
post #5 of 7

thanks guys for your response, it was very useful. Neomommy i had looked there before but they dont have any info for rectangle pans, but thank you for taking the time to help. I used 2 boxes of mix, both have been doctored, and it seemed like plenty. Im cooking at 350 until it looks ready, however, i dont have a flower nail, so hopefully it works, its been in almost 35 minutes and is a very pretty golden color, and it smells great, i let yall know how it comes out, thanks again!

Mickeebabe Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 12:51am
post #6 of 7

I also just baked a 11x15 cake tonight. I used two cake mixes. 1 chocolate and 1 yellow. I did a half and half cake. It turned out great. I baked it at 325 for 40 minutes and only used the bake strips.

My question is:

How many will a single layer 11x15 cake serve? (I looked on the chart and couldn't find the answer)

Thanks. icon_biggrin.gif

cupcakemkr Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 3:48pm
post #7 of 7

the answer is in this article, found in articles section...

11 x 15 x 3 double layer should feed 90 so single should do 45?

Quote by @%username% on %date%