11X15 Cake Q's

Decorating By VannaD Updated 6 Jun 2008 , 3:48pm by cupcakemkr

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 1:15pm
post #1 of 7

Im making an 11x15 cake but i need to know how long do i bake it and on wht oven temp. I dont have a heating core so i need the time without tht factored in, also i need to know how many boxes, yes boxes icon_surprised.gif , of cake mix will it take. Thanks Guys!

6 replies
lakaty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lakaty Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:13pm
post #2 of 7

I use two cake mixes(usually doctored - extra egg, package of pudding). I always cook mine at 325 with at least 1 upside-down flower nail in the middle of the pan as my heating core. I can't really remember how long exactly as I do a 'look and see' method of timing(is it golden brown, does the center bounce back slightly when touched).

HTH

lukiesmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lukiesmommy Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:14pm
post #3 of 7

I'm doing one tonight. 11x15, I use 3 mixes in it. i've had trouble withusing only 2. Also I have not used a core. I have good luck using flower nails on each -side-. I bake at 350 for about 45 min. Keep an eye on it at about 35.

have_your_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
have_your_cake Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 2:18pm
post #4 of 7

Go to articles, then the general section, then look for the baking and serving guide. It has all the info you need on every size cake.

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 5 Jun 2008 , 4:24pm
post #5 of 7

thanks guys for your response, it was very useful. Neomommy i had looked there before but they dont have any info for rectangle pans, but thank you for taking the time to help. I used 2 boxes of mix, both have been doctored, and it seemed like plenty. Im cooking at 350 until it looks ready, however, i dont have a flower nail, so hopefully it works, its been in almost 35 minutes and is a very pretty golden color, and it smells great, i let yall know how it comes out, thanks again!

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 12:51am
post #6 of 7

I also just baked a 11x15 cake tonight. I used two cake mixes. 1 chocolate and 1 yellow. I did a half and half cake. It turned out great. I baked it at 325 for 40 minutes and only used the bake strips.

My question is:

How many will a single layer 11x15 cake serve? (I looked on the chart and couldn't find the answer)

Thanks. icon_biggrin.gif

cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 6 Jun 2008 , 3:48pm
post #7 of 7

the answer is in this article, found in articles section...
http://www.cakecentral.com/article15-Cake-Baking-Cutting--Serving-Guide---3-in-Deep-Pans.html

11 x 15 x 3 double layer should feed 90 so single should do 45?

hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%